A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Remember when conservatives kept pushing Obama to release his college grades?

Well, take look at this gem that came from Cohen

8 Likes

Well, I mean, heā€™s not wrong. Iā€™m actually sort of impressed that heā€™s picked up that much contract law knowledge out of his dodgy business life.

In pretty much any other context, a memorandum of understanding might well not be worth the paper itā€™s written on. It depends but generally if itā€™s not an actual contract, then the idea is that itā€™s not supposed to be binding.

But it might be a binding contract. Thatā€™s why theyā€™re dangerous.

In this context, itā€™s different but thatā€™s more to do with diplomatic practice than anything else.

Wikipediaā€™s entry isnā€™t bad:

4 Likes

What Jordan felt after all that

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a pretty huge truth bomb he droped on the house republicians

An alternative version of what went down

13 Likes

Sweet Jesus! Heā€™s ripping them to shreds.

2 Likes
5 Likes

That supposed tape is pretty shocking. Thatā€™s the first time I heard about it.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been watching as much of the cohen testimony as bbc news have been showing live so i have two questionsā€¦

1. Has AOC been given her five minutes to question him yet?
  2. Have the republicans asked anything of substance or are they just content to try their best to discredit the testimony?
7 Likes

I donā€™t think they have any ammo that can use other than to try to smear him.

The thing is, he really has nothing to lose at this point - his reputation and livelihood are ruined, heā€™s going to prison, and heā€™s burned pretty much all his bridges. Not to mention heā€™s there voluntarily with nothing to gain (other than catharsis perhaps).

All these attempts to further smear him just make them look like the assholes.

8 Likes

I donā€™t think so but, Iā€™ve been offline most of the day.

ā€œTwitter is going to break when AOC asks Michael Cohen questions.ā€

5 Likes

So say you find your four-year-old with a chocolate covered face next to the empty cake plate and ask them, ā€œDid you eat the chocolate cake?ā€ and they say, ā€œNo.ā€ Ten minutes later they admit, yes, they did eat the cake. According to these Republicans, you canā€™t believe they ate the cake because they are a known liar.

11 Likes

Itā€™s lame, but itā€™s their only play here. Very amusing.

Breitbart is positively frothy right now.

2 Likes

AOC is up!

Nothing too controversial but, surely the alt right are crafting their hate messages now.

7 Likes

Not sure where else to put this right now:

13 Likes

ā€œā€¦Michael Cohen, once one of Trumpā€™s closest aides, rebuked him under oath before Congress, warned that he was a threat to American democracy and implicated a sitting president in criminal activity in his campaign for office.ā€ - N. Fandos NYT

trump is a criminal and should be locked up. The DOJ is complicit in shielding the president from prosecution.

eta:

ā€œHouse Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings said he believes Michael Cohen ā€” and based on his testimony it ā€œappearsā€ President Trump committed a crime.ā€

ā€œI believe he told the truth,ā€ Cummings told reporters after the end of the hearing.

Then, a reporter asked: ā€œDo you believe the President committed a crime while in office?ā€

ā€œBased on what ā€” looking at the text and listening to Mr. Cohen, it appears that he did," Cummings said. -CNN

6 Likes

I havenā€™t been watching live, but the gist Iā€™ve gotten from following along on Twitter is that Republicansā€™ arguments have basically boiled down to ā€œyou canā€™t trust people whoā€™ve lied and failed to properly fill out disclosure formsā€, which is definitely anā€¦ interesting line of attack, given who else it can readily be applied to.

4 Likes

The White Elephant in the room was trump. The liar in chief.

4 Likes

Donā€™t get me wrong though, i know heā€™s a turd in a suit but his situation as it stands is exactly why they should be very very afraid. Just that using words like ā€˜discreditā€™ and ā€˜smearā€™ almost gives him a veneer of respectability he isnā€™t even close to deserving. His answers to book deals, tv appearances and such does show you he is most definitely looking to earn a few bucks from this but then heā€™d fit right in with the rest of trumpoliniā€™s spurned lovers.

4 Likes

The master negotiator strikes again.

10 Likes

In fairness, thatā€™s really the only way he has left to make a living. Not many want ads for ā€œdisbarred ex-con lawyerā€ even before you account for the number of Trumpkins who will have long knives out for him. I gotta say, I will probably read his book.

5 Likes