A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

10 Likes

ā€œISIS is not going away anytime soonā€

Butā€¦butā€¦butā€¦ I thought Trump said he had a secret plan to defeat them within 30 days!

17 Likes
8 Likes

In case youā€™re not tuning in to the address to Congress, Iā€™ve summed it up for you.

26 Likes

I canā€™t imagine any scenario in which Iā€™d inflict that on myself.

13 Likes

I was in the car, it was on the radio, I am a masochist and like shouting at and flipping off the radio as it transmits the rantings of a lying delusional moron proposing grand solutions to fictional problems.

14 Likes

Are they worse than the old neighbors?

11 Likes

I must be a masochist, and Iā€™m starting to suspect Trump passed word around that all the faithful have to keep clapping as long as he does.

And there he goes, actually saying a record was just set.

4 Likes

I canā€™t watch, myself, but has he mentioned how many electoral votes he received, yet?

7 Likes

And more importantly, has my prediction from November come true??

(Iā€™m fully prepared to deploy the ā€œWell actually, a newly-elected presidentā€™s first address to Congress isnā€™t technically a State of the Union addressā€ argument, if it hasnā€™t happened. But entirely hypocritically, Iā€™m also entirely prepared to accept the amazement and fawning incredulity of the BBS-at-large to the perspicacity of my Cassandra-like powers of prognostication, if it has.)

6 Likes

I didnā€™t listen to the whole thing and I couldnā€™t stomach the video, but he started with claims of a mandate from the millions and millions by families of all colors and creeds who joined to start a revolution. Literally every sentence contained some lie, spin, or complete delusion, but he said them calmly, so the pundits will surely be talking about the pivot. I bailed about 20 mins in, thankfully. No one should be subjected to that.

11 Likes

In case anyone here is wishing that someone would put words to what weā€™re all thinking: ā€œFUCKETY, FUCKETY, FUCK, FUCK, FUCKING FUCKā€. I think that pretty much encapsulates where my brain is right now with this mess weā€™re in.

9 Likes

I caught the tail end on live TV. He clearly read the whole speech written by Bannon or whoever. The big 3 networks all seemed to be gushing over his ā€œpivot.ā€

It is surprising that he can read after all.

12 Likes

The secret of success - low expectations.

12 Likes

Not as bad as any previous Trump speech, though the parts that were decent were the parts where his policy completely contradicted his promises, and in terms of a presidential address to Congress probably the worst in US history. And because he calmly spouted rank bullshit, openly lied, and veiled the hate in nice rhetoric, the cable news talking heads media gushed because they have very, very strange standards.

12 Likes

Strange indeed. Itā€™s almost like they want him to succeed. This is why we need folks like Cow. We need a much stronger ground game.

8 Likes

ā€œI am here tonight to deliver a message of unity and strength, and it is a message deeply delivered from my heart.ā€

Hereā€™s a message of unity from everyone in America who isnā€™t a racist shitbag: Chortle your own balls, twitler.

Iā€™m sorry if this violates community standards, but that whole speech violated any sort of standards for reasonable engagement in any community. Tying a bow on a burning cross doesnā€™t put the flames out.

8 Likes

Youā€™re all a bunch of masochists :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hope this is just because most sane people werenā€™t watching:

4 Likes

Nicely put.

7 Likes