A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

MAGA!

13 Likes

So it sounds like the Shit Gibbon didnā€™t shit on-screen and thus appeared presidential?
Perhaps President Bannon will allow 45 to use his desk to sign the next EO instead of 45ā€™s big boy desk?

4 Likes

Full speech transcript is here:

Fact checking is here:

I never watch the speeches themselves because I canā€™t stand his voice and hate looking at his mouth hole flap but reading the transcripts is interesting because you can very easily see the difference in tone, vocabulary, structure and grammar. Compare and contrast with the transcript of the press conference he gave.

This isnā€™t trump speaking, itā€™s a speechwriter desperately trying to polish a big, orange turd.

25 Likes

Maybe itā€™s just the the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

7 Likes

I work at a large public university in Ontario. That is now holding information sessions with immigration lawyers, from a law firm they have retainedā€¦ for faculty members travelling to the USA for academic conferences.

Is the wall going to encircle the entire lower 48?

12 Likes

Oh man, I really hope Trump doesnā€™t read that.

7 Likes

A SPINELESS press is stating that this is the ā€œsofter sideā€ of 45. WTF? It infuriates me that the press thinks we are that stupid.

HorseSHIT!

16 Likes

https://www.ed.gov/news/speeches/us-secretary-education-betsy-devosā€™-prepared-remarks-2017-conservative-political-action-conference

I had missed this delightful speech full of alternative facts.

2 Likes

On NPR this morning, they talked to a few voters as well as pundits for their opinion.

Nearly every person started off their comments with something like ā€œI was impressed that he was calm.ā€

When your low expectations are proven wrong because the President didnā€™t lose his temper, insult people to their face, and start screaming lies, those are some extremely low expectations to rise above.

14 Likes

Scary thing to me is that it might be a deliberate strategy.

8 Likes

I guess its just the screaming part people have a problem with?

22 Likes

I guess people were impressed that he was able to get through a speech without being overtly racist, telling a Jew to shut up and sit down, or belligerently quoting alt-right false-flag conspiracy theories. How presidential!

Actually the best commentary I heard was from Lindsey Graham, who said (paraphrased): ā€œWhoever his new speechwriter is, they did a good job. They wrote a speech full of puppies and kittens and rainbows, and everyone loves those things. And he didnā€™t lose his temper, for once. Infrastructure improvements? Better education? Tax cuts? Sure, whoā€™s going to say they donā€™t want those things? But you canā€™t cut taxes AND magically find a trillion dollars to improve infrastructure. So until we see a budget, itā€™s all meaningless.ā€

21 Likes

Can you come tell the mayor of Toronto that? Please?

14 Likes

He may be thinking in Rubles.

10 Likes

Heā€™s just Rob Ford Lite: More manners, with less drug addiction.

5 Likes

I disagree. Horseshit composts into really good potting soil. No such usefulness in either his or the journo claims of ā€œgetting betterā€.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t find a barrel of cockroach shit image anywhere.

6 Likes

21 Likes

The plan to slash EPAā€™s staff from its current level of 15,000 to 12,000ā€¦ cutting the agencyā€™s grants to states, including its air and water programs, by 30 percent, and eliminating 38 separate programs in their entirety. The agencyā€™s Office of Research and Development could face a cut of up to 42 percentā€¦ eliminates funding altogether for the officeā€™s ā€œcontribution to the U.S. Global Change Research Program,ā€ a climate initiative then-President George H.W. Bush launched in 1989.

11 Likes

Iā€™m a little surprised theyā€™re bothering to keep up the charade of letting the EPA exist at all; the administrationā€™s been pretty up front about wanting to destroy it entirely.

9 Likes