A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

So they decided not to give an award to a journalist, and it looks like they might be saying, ā€œNo, this has nothing to do with her criticism of Russia, this is all about our president being a thin-skinned baby!ā€ Normally Iā€™d call that an odd defense, but I guess everyone already knows heā€™s a thin-skinned baby, so no harm done.

2 Likes

Dude, I know Iā€™ve told you that you were wrong about this before and the Fox News tweet above is from 6 months before Charlottesville. I know itā€™s fun to say the original source is centrist Dems for just about everything, but maybe you should spread the message that the centrists are not clever enough to invent meme-able terms.

1 Like

Mea culpa; I donā€™t recall that.

I do recall leftists critiquing centrist use of the term post-Charlottesville, but as you point out it was coined prior to that.

1 Like

And yet conservative publications will continue to blast generations y & z as being the ā€œtrophy generationā€.

10 Likes

I only even correct it because that shit just makes partisanship worse, and we both know partisanship goes beyond ā€œRepublicanā€ and ā€œDemocratā€ in the US alone let alone on a global service. I know the chans were using alt-left immediately after Richard Spencer got punched and people started accurately labeling online far-right trolls alt-right, and that was as early as 2015.

One of the core problems with how people talk on Twitter is that it amplifies and normalizes all sort of shitty speech and while there are organized efforts to spread shit from image boards and supremacist groups, there isnā€™t a way to track it when they start leaving ā€œjokeā€ replies to verified Twitter users (resulting in someone uncritical like a Fox News lackey or Neera Tanden repeating the joke and getting it retweeted everywhere).

1 Like
4 Likes

ā€œI just thought, why would you lie about that,ā€ one of the donors told me. ā€œIt doesnā€™t even matter!ā€

Said someone who apparently hasnā€™t paid any attention to the person they are donating money to. Of course heā€™d lie about that. This is the ā€œfurniture and futureā€ guy. This is the ā€œCJ told me he also goes by DJā€ guy. He cannot accept having ever made any mistake.

9 Likes

Not only that but he lies about literally everything as a matter of course. His height, his weight, the size of his hands, the size of his inaugural crowd, the scope of his electoral victory, everything.

Probably the only truth heā€™s ever uttered is that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose a single supporter.

11 Likes

The latest tally.

The president averaged nearly 5.9 false or misleading claims a day in his first year in office. He hit nearly 16.5 a day in his second year. So far in 2019, heā€™s averaging nearly 22 claims a day.
As of the end of March 3, the 773rd day of his term in office, Trump accumulated 9,014 fishy claims, according to The Fact Checkerā€™s database* that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president.

Quelle surprise.

*The Fact Checkerā€™s ongoing database of the false or misleading claims made by President Trump since assuming office.

7 Likes

Catching up to the number of posts in this two year oldish thread.

4 Likes

Do I recall correctly that a thread will close at 10,000 posts? Too bad that doesnā€™t apply to presidential terms and lies.

11 Likes

I am honestly surprised it hasnā€™t rolled over to a new topic yet.

5 Likes

I was going to ask ā€œwhat if he shot one of his supportersā€, but he would probably just make up the numbers with edgelords.

7 Likes

He would claim ā€œFake Newsā€, until the video came out. Then figure out a way to claim the guy in a MAGA hat was secretly a Democrat.

7 Likes

Nothing to see here:

11 Likes

Not sure if Trumpian or just straight up ā€œwelcome to late-stage capitalism and regulatory captureā€, butā€¦

13 Likes

ā€œWho needs water yā€™all?ā€

6 Likes

ā€œBrawndo. Itā€™s what plants crave.ā€

Sorry to make a joke, this really isnā€™t funny. But the line jumped into my headā€¦

6 Likes

ā€œIā€™m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and Iā€™m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid,ā€ Donald Trump declared in 2015. ā€œEvery other Republicanā€™s going to cut, and even if they wouldnā€™t, they donā€™t know what to do because they donā€™t know where the money is. I do. I do.ā€ -MSNBC

Oh yeah?

10 Likes
6 Likes