A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Welly welly well… That’s a federal crime right there. Too bad the Senate won’t do anything about it. But it’s public so who knows what’ll happen when the Senate flips (if it does, tbh).

6 Likes

" …federal regulations allow candidates to put campaign money into their own businesses only if they pay going rates. Given the varying opinions on whether $3,000 a month constitutes a fair price, however, it seems unlikely that the payments will spark an investigation by the Federal Election Commission."

White Collar Crime, why bother? /s

8 Likes

If I were in college I would be all over this. Every damned minute some asshole with a thin rationalization took up on the public stage I’d be demanding my minute. And I don’t mean I’d propose counter arguments in good faith. I’m just imagining the things I could say.

9 Likes

So it is okay if I waltz up to the local uni and espouse the virtues of anarchism now? I’d love to see these conservatives have a Scanners moment when they realize the sword cuts both ways. :grin:

8 Likes

Has anyone checked to see if he’s put White House rooms up on AirBnB?

5 Likes

fyi

But don’t let me stop you from well, marching into say, Liberty Univ to make your point. :wink:

7 Likes
3 Likes

Is this just unenforceable fodder for Trump’s extremist base, or is it an attempt to chill dissent by causing academic institutions to silence all political speech rather than face federal litigation?

2 Likes
6 Likes

Does Liberty get federal grant money anyways? That would be a yes (more than NPR gets):

I wonder if they’d shut down an atheist or an LGBQT activist…

10 Likes

The Vox editor who wrote the article posted above seems to think: “…the executive order won’t do much more than reiterate the Trump administration wants schools to follow existing laws on free inquiry and direct the federal agencies that fund research to make sure that they’re doing so. It’s a largely a symbolic move meant to satisfy a key demand of Trump’s conservative base.” But, why not both? It falls inline with trumpian thought. Squashing dissent.

3 Likes

unHoly Fuck.

"The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported that a person claiming to be a student at Charlottesville High School, one of the region’s largest schools, warned white students to stay at home so they could shoot dead non-white students in an act of “ethnic cleansing.”

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/omanreagan/status/1108891615320399873?s=21

8 Likes

I think it’s a continuation of the efforts of groups like Young America’s Foundation and Turning Point USA to air-drop the most objectionable far right speakers possible onto targeted campuses in order to provoke a reaction. When the next MILO is dropped on them, university admins will be less likely to say “Aw HELL NO!”, putting them in a fork attack of having to provide expensive security or face violent protests. (Look for staged victims wearing corn syrup blood.)

5 Likes

That is right across the mountain from me. Fuck. I hate Nazis.

6 Likes

All I can say is…

2 Likes

I hope someone tests this hypothesis very soon!

5 Likes

WTF is with this bullshit…

5 Likes

Typical Kansas Republican nonsense. Sorry, my home state doesn’t seem to raise the brightest or most rational folks.

5 Likes

Well it does. Just that they take a look around and go NOPE. Then head out for saner areas.

6 Likes