A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

In about 3 hours I’ll be camping out in the woods followed by a weekend of fishing, mushroom hunting & yes, drinks.
I will not however have internet access. I’ll check back on ya’ll Monday. Imbibe responsibly.

11 Likes
4 Likes

All bets are off this weekend!

4 Likes

I think Scalzi put it best last week…

Enjoy your camping trip.

11 Likes

I can’t find the frame but, there’s a Mad Magazine sketch about a guy who can’t see very well and goes to the optometrist for glasses. When he comes out wearing his new specs he can clearly see all the not-so-nice things in his environment. He takes off the new glasses and crushes them with his foot.

7 Likes

I’ve been lowering my expectations on this for months, but I know I’m still going to be disappointed.

(drinks)

And yet I still have hope.

(more drinking)

When Trump starts crowing about vindication, I’m going to jump off a cliff.

The foregoing being an accurate depiction of my current mindset and doings

7 Likes

Many days feel like being an underground human survivor in a Terminator world. Resist; we need the good ones.

Now I’ll just work on taking my own advice hehe.

7 Likes

Just remember he’s still a fucking crook. The courts are going to dogging him for years.

7 Likes

An interesting week i’d say, what with this, brexit and the copyright directive all coming together to form one epic week-long shitshow. Good luck, everybody! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Skiing in Colorado for me, followed by hot springs.

My ski buddy had to work so I got started on my weekend by trout fishing downtown Denver.

3 Likes

I’d practically kill for some ‘boring times’ right about now.

13 Likes
7 Likes

Oh man, boring sound like heaven right now. Dull, boring heaven…

4 Likes
10 Likes

Asked a lawyer friend.

Gist of it is this: All the lack of more charges means is that the case against the president was not an absolute ironclad slam dunk.

SDNY is garaunteed to have pending charges ready for the kids, for the same reason. Keep them from being pardoned.

Even if we do not get the full report, the fireworks will continue.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Didn’t the justice department say that they have the policy that you can’t indict a sitting president? If so that may be one explanation for “no further indictments”… which is to say he may still have evidence against him. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Seems ridiculous to try and guess one way or the other this close to the end… sigh

4 Likes

Have fun! Be safe!

2 Likes

He went from calling him a terrible person to doing terrible stand up comedy for his pleasure at Mar A Lago

4 Likes

It’s not like the Starr report recommended any indictments but that didn’t mean the House wasn’t able to use this to bring up charges against the president.

I’m just fully prepared for this whole thing to be a disappointment in the end. Yes, a bunch of Trump’s people are going to jail and that’s objectively a good thing. But I just don’t see it being the bombshell we’re all hoping it will be. I am pretty convinced when this comes out there will be a massive taint on Trump himself and all kinds of evidence of corruption and wrongdoing but no direct evidence of illegalities. Trump will look totally corrupt in the report, but he and his fellow sycophants will consider this a full and total vindication (I didn’t do anything illegal after all! Just ignore all the completely unethical stuff I did, and illegal stuff everybody in my inner circle did!).

That still doesn’t mean that the House can’t run with this and take some action but somehow I doubt there will be an appetite for this, and as usual I doubt the Senate would cooperate. This also doesn’t mean he can’t/won’t face a shit show of epic proportions in the State courts after leaving office. Of this I am hopeful - I’d love to see his life and legacy destroyed once leaving office.

5 Likes