A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Grazie.

I generally don’t mess with other people’s titles, outside of the Lounge.

4 Likes

Bizarre anecdote from Trump’s recent meeting with Democrats. Screencapped from NYT.

16 Likes

This is amazing.

6 Likes

already seen the first of many “America is a :banana: republic, not a democracy” replies.

7 Likes
14 Likes

14 Likes

Steel Pussy’s rendition of “Ku Klux Klan” would be timely.

3 Likes

This is a few days old but I’ll just put it up here again. Sorry if it’s a dupe.

Too. Much. To. Process. Can-not. Compute.

14 Likes
6 Likes

I dunno where to post this
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/world/europe/sergei-mikhailov-russian-cybercrimes-agent-arrested.html

The arrest of Sergei Mikhailov, a senior officer of the Federal Security Service, or F.S.B., the main successor agency to the K.G.B., is a rare instance of turmoil in the country’s usually shadowy cybersecurity apparatus slipping into public view.

Mr. Mikhailov served in the F.S.B.’s Center for Information Security, the agency’s cyberintelligence branch, which has been implicated in the American election hacking. But it is not clear whether the arrest was related to those intrusions.

He was detained along with one of Russia’s leading private-sector cybersecurity experts, Ruslan Stoyanov, the head of computer incident response investigations at the Kaspersky Lab, which makes antivirus programs.

7 Likes

15 Likes

Please don’t give him any ideas. I can see all that happening.

3 Likes

From the end of the article:

Among the measures included in the actions were the immediate construction of a wall to stop illegal immigration, the prompt deportation of immigrants who have been ordered to leave the country, crackdown on “sanctuary cities,” and the construction of detention facilities along the border.

So, those would be the camps, right?

13 Likes

My almost 2yo daughter just picked up the word “Fuck” from mama and dada and now uses it super casually. Like she was sitting on the potty reading a book and dropped the book: “fuck.” I know we need to do something about it, but…somehow…her coming into her language capabilities at this specific time in history, I feel like she’s gonna need it.

23 Likes

I remember Kevin Smith doing a whole bit on his daughter learning to curse at a young age and they encouraged it. She seems to have come out okay… of course, I guess she’s kind of basic…

13 Likes

Well it seems the atomic scientists are taking trump at face value.http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/atomic-scientists-announce-doomsday-clock-1.3952963?cmp=rss
The doomsday clock is now officially at 2 1/2 minutes to midnight. Fuckity fuck fuck.

12 Likes
12 Likes

Wow. That must be:

• Entry #1,258 in the “How the hell is everyone not talking about this?” file.
  • Entry #2,323 in the “Hard, tangible proof that this is an infantile, unhinged and malicious person” file.
2 Likes

Called it!

OT, but I wonder if they’re going to change that time to 11:59:59 tomorrow at noon.

7 Likes

This is being celebrated as draining the swamp btw.

8 Likes