A safari truck in the Serengeti got an extra passenger when a cheetah jumped on board (video)

Originally published at: A safari truck in the Serengeti got an extra passenger when a cheetah jumped on board (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Which is why, when going on safari or hunting, you want to make sure you can outrun at least one of the others.

7 Likes

meow GIF by Shalita Grant

10 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Oh hello beautiful kitty! Yes, you can lounge on top of my vehicle all you want.

9 Likes

She plopped down on the truck exactly the way my kitten plops down behind my monitor when I sit down at my computer. :heart_eyes_cat:

11 Likes

Is that NOT a lid that you can close? I hate to be ‘that guy’ but they put them-damn-selves in danger.

But kitty IS cute.

6 Likes

Got a chance to go for a walk with a cheetah at a private game reserve in SA. Our guide/ranger explained that it had once been injured and nursed back to health by their staff so was human-tolerant. My 5-ish daughter though? The guide carried her, explaining that her size might be a little too tempting to the cat. :grimacing:

11 Likes

They’re not really in danger, it’s just that, well, that’s her vehicle, now.

6 Likes

The cheetah was quoted as saying, “Hey, Driver! Can you take us to the warthog section, or the impalas? Thanks!”

There is a glorious clip on youtube somewhere (I’m out and about, so can’t look it up at the moment) where a wildlife documentary crew in a jeep gets a cheeta perched on the roof of their car. They get some great shots of her. Then the fun turns to desperation when she proceeds to take a dump through the sun roof. «No! Nooo! Aw, no…»

3 Likes

Wow, I’m glad nobody accidentally got scratched. My cat Gremlin is pretty large, and she causes some serious gashes when she slips and reaches out for my flesh to maintain her balance. :flushed:

1 Like

I love that the cheetah gives the same “I meant to do that, what are you monkeys laughing about?” look that I get from Agatha when she makes similar displays of agility.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.