A security researcher says he guessed Trump's Twitter password

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/22/a-security-researcher-says-he-guessed-trumps-twitter-password.html

6 Likes

61 Likes

Ya beat me to it!

8 Likes

I would totally have used this to tweet: I resign effective immediately

26 Likes

Lots of people use the name of their pet so I’m surprised it was not “Lindsey” or “Mitch”

53 Likes

Burn of the day right there folks.

7 Likes

Meanwhile Trump’s account has been made more secure .

New password is pa55w0rd

18 Likes

i was prepared not to believe this until ‘the white house’ denied it, so due to that we must lend it full credence. Especially since:

Gevers was one of three hackers who accessed president Trump’s account in 2016, when the accounts password was reportedly “yourefired”.

22 Likes

I would have thought it would be his own name. But I suppose this satisfies his narcissism, too.

12 Likes

Faced with the opportunity to immediately change the password and lock Trump out of Twitter… I don’t know if I could have restrained myself, despite the likely consequences.

22 Likes

But I thought nobody gets hacked!

That Victor Gevers must have been very smart. And already known about the letters ‘m’ and 35% of ‘a’.

19 Likes

There should be a pool on his passwords… D4ddyPut!n anyone?

8 Likes

To be fair, according to TechCrunch, Gevers is apparently the one who suggested “maga2020!” among others as a more secure password after the last time he hacked the account, so he did technically know 100% of it.

15 Likes

Thank goodness the account is secured now! Can you imagine the demented horseshit and nonsensical word salad that could have been posted there if the account had fallen into the wrong hands?

39 Likes

Nah. daddydaughterdate69 or pootypoot4ever

5 Likes

You need to add “Russia, if you’re listening”

5 Likes

I know you all may be joikng about what his next “more secure” password but knowing people who worked under policy mandated password changes or dealt with them, I fully expect the next one to be super closer to the existing. Like:

maga2020!1
maga2020!!
maga2020!A

That can be just iteratively cycled through when told to “change it again”

8 Likes

It’s Trump2020! now

11 Likes

I’ve taken to using either (1) randomly generated strong passwords or (2) long passphrases in some language that doesn’t use Latin characters, transcribed into such according to my own idiosyncratic (and undocumented) transcription rules.

But I guess I’ll need to change that second method now, since I’ve said too much…

5 Likes

Or maga2024!
He deserves it after being treated so badly, you know.

1 Like