I said to my wife, I wish he had used the credentials to login and tweet:

AOC knows the real deal!
I’m unfit to be president!
My father hated me!

Then deleted the fucking account.

6 Likes

Twitter claims this did not happen.

2 Likes

I would totally write “I’m too tired of this shit, I just hope Biden wins soon so I can go back to my hotel in Russia” with enough typos to make it passable.

4 Likes

If Trump set the password himself I’m assuming it was actually “yourfired”, probably. /s

3 Likes

Remarkably, it wasn’t the first time Gevers has gained access to the president’s Twitter account. In 2016 he and two others guessed Trump’s password and got into his account.

Back then Trump’s password was “yourefired”

5 Likes

My guess is Maga2020!!

3 Likes

I have one that consistently generates long passwords which pass the “strong password” filters. It’s pretty simple. Unfortunately, if I told people here about it I would have to change it.

4 Likes

A friend of mine theorized that Twitter may have a honeypot for high profile accounts. In other words, if someone tries incorrect passwords enough, it may let them “log in” to a fake version of the account, hoping to get more information about the attacker or waste their time. That seems consistent with what happened here.

(I have no evidence for that theory but it seems plausible.)

3 Likes

Seems plausible as the exact kind of thing they would devote engineering resources toward versus actually fixing some of the huge and systemic problems on their platform.

5 Likes

After Dutch bloke claims he hacked Trump’s Twitter by guessing password, web biz says there’s ‘no evidence’

oscars-standing-ovation

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.