A silly '50 First Dates' reboot with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/17/a-silly-50-first-dates-reboot-with-drew-barrymore-and-adam-sandler.html

1 Like

50 first dates is a movie with an unfixably broken premise. As much as I enjoy those two actors, I sure wish they could find something else to reminisce on.

2020, the year that makes amnesia seem like less of a bad thing…
:cry:

15 Likes

I’m not on FruitBowl anymore, but someone told me yesterday there’s a meme going around of people protesting daylight savings time, because we cannot allow 2020 to last even one hour longer than necessary.

9 Likes

This presupposes that 2021 must somehow be better. I’ve been hearing "curse this year’ for the last five years at least, and they keep getting worse. Seems to me, this sort of thing just tempts fate to deliver… worse…

8 Likes

I have a list of romcoms that I will always stop and watch when I catch them on. This and Failure to Launch and You’ve Got Mail are the top three.

Zero shame.

5 Likes

I never got into Rom-Coms.
I did whistle to find the love of my life for going on fifty years but she died before me.
Not trying to be Debby Downer.

1 Like

It just…it has to be. Let’s just give ourselves the gift of optimism this Friday. :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Kate and Leopold.

Good Sci-Fi. Good Rom-Com.

Also zero shame.

5 Likes

There was a Japanese remake of the film not long ago. Even to the point of using the Hawaii setting

2 Likes

Screw 2020 - I tempt.

Hey 2020:

7 Likes

… because that’s the way daylight savings time works??? I wonder what else those people are protesting for or against…

The way I understood it, it’s a joke.
But you do remind me of the time they were voting on daylight savings time in Australia, and a lot of folks supposedly voted against it because “the extra hour of daylight will fade the curtains faster.” :joy:

2 Likes

When we get to next year it just means that 2020 won. And even the year after that is 2020 too.

Don’t forget that it also confuses the cows.

Https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/what-do-cows-think-of-daylight-savings-not-receptive/

1 Like

Plus, all the pausing and restarting of the earth’s rotation is wreaking havoc on the plate tectonics.

2 Likes

Well, that went poorly :cry: so much for fucking optimism.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.