A smart ear wax remover? Yep, the Spade is your safe and effective next-gen answer to the cotton swab

You used to be able to hire German musicians to do this.

4 Likes

Hmm, good question. I actually don’t have any normal H2O2 at the moment, but I do have a big bottle of carbamide peroxide for putting in cat ears. It’s the same stuff as you buy in those tiny little bottles in the human drugstore, but you get about 4x of it for 1/2 the price.

I think the instructions on the Doctor Easy thing say to mix x amount of y percent h2o2 with warm DISTILLED water (so you don’t get an infection in your ear from tap water) and squirt it in. Or, you can put it in beforehand and let it sit - I do that with the carbamide goo. You don’t want to just put the h2o2 in undiluted, I think that’ll hurt.

Real men…

Of course, you should also only bathe or swim in distilled water for this same reason.

1 Like

Been there, done that. I hate it with a passion, but sometimes don’t have a choice.

I’ve noticed a strange thing whenever I’ve had to use it: it lowers the treated ear’s pitch perception by a semitone (very noticeable with dial tone on a landline phone). This persists until it’s finally dried out. It makes me wonder how much of pitch perception is based on ear canal resonance.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.