A song composed by artificial intelligence in the style of the Beatles

1. The human composer (in this case Benoît Carré, but we are experimenting with other musicians as well) selected a style and generated a leadsheet (melody + harmony) with a system called FlowComposer. For Daddy’s Car, Carré selected as style “the Beatles”
  2. With yet another system called Rechord the human musician matched some audio chunks from audio recordings of other songs to the generated leadsheets.
  3. Then the human musician finished the production and mixing.

WTF indeed. The system composed something then a person turned it into a bland mess.

Also, the Cardigans already wrote a fine song called “Daddy’s Car”.

2 Likes

Exactly. I thought: “It takes a computer to duplicate ELO as well as Pilot did!”

3 Likes

More like Tears for Fears when they tried to sound like The Beatles.

2 Likes

For sure. And wasn’t “pre-fab four” (per Mark’s OP) used in the promotion for The Rutles?

3 Likes

i was gonna say xtc .

1 Like

Daring, and, I dare say, more in line with the meeting point between today’s machine learning and the sensibilities of the Fab Four.

Hmm if I were an AI band (or a nerdcore MC) I might want to be the Fab For X In Y.

2 Likes

Vocaloid late-70s Beach Boys, yeah. Not a Brian Wilson tune.

2 Likes

And, man, is that some sheet music.

1 Like

Not as good as the Harrington 1200 https://youtu.be/rqkUISJej2o

3 Likes

I’m partial to Piggy in the Middle myself.

ETA: watching these videos only serves to remind me what a brilliant satire that movie was.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.