A struggling restaurant was saved by the power of cats

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/23/a-struggling-restaurant-was-saved-by-the-power-of-cats.html

20 Likes

An old post of mine is apt here:

16 Likes

More GIF

10 Likes

the TikTok video is awful, but the Youtube one is great. as a cat owner, i recognize those big kitty hunting eyes! that train is doomed. what a great idea.

15 Likes

Idea: build a model train landscape that actually shows signs of a kaiju attack (wrecked buildings, fire, ripped-up streets spraying water from damaged pipes, claw marks) for even more realistic cat kaiju videos.

8 Likes

öops.

19 Likes

The power of cats is both in their cuteness, and static electricity. Harness both!

5 Likes

Obligatory:

7 Likes

C.R.E.A.M.

Cats Rule Everything Around Me.

6 Likes

Collar Bill, y’all.

9 Likes

I’ve followed them on Instagram for ages - a must see for sure. @daiorama_restrant.

4 Likes

It’s a real experience looking through a viewpoint at that scale, and seeing a cat’s eyes look at us exactly like a predator looks at prey.

2 Likes

At my mother-in-law’s local supermarket in Japan there is an N scale model railway around the cheese counter. No cats, though.

6 Likes

Yup. That very first segment, the cats were so still and focused that I briefly thought my video had frozen. But then people moved in the background, while the cats remained as still as rocks.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.