Astonishing 3D animated cat on Tokyo digital billboard

Originally published at: Astonishing 3D animated cat on Tokyo digital billboard | Boing Boing

10 Likes

The hair balls? Who is the unlucky bastard that cleans it up?

11 Likes

unfortunately the live stream does not get the advantage of perspective for the 3D effect.

5 Likes

Kitty is stuck! How is kitty going to get down?!

4 Likes
1 Like

lol you’re not kidding. I just saw the cat and it looks freakish from that angle.

Like looking at one of those sidewalk paintings from the wrong spot.

Doesn’t look so bad in that one, but when it moves it gets even weirder

8 Likes

The Shinjuku station cat was a bonus antidote du jour today on Naked Capitalism. Its really cool and I hope I can make it back to Shinjuku, but I preferred the main antidote du jour:

8 Likes

Not that it’s really necessary, but in case anyone is curious, here is my translation of that Twitter post:

“This footage was taken on-site at around 15:30 today. The crowds are noisier than you would expect, so I had to adjust the volume of my voice. Be careful with the volume when you play the video!”

-Shinjuku East Exit Cat

5 Likes

DIDn´t catch the cat, but saw an ad for a Batman Ninja liveshow, and now I lowkey want to see that.
Also I am amazed how many trains are running there.

3 Likes

Not been there in a while - long before Neko-Jira. My main memory was how two streams of commuters walking briskly manage to go through each other like precision marching bands. You have to do it if you want to get anywhere, and I didn’t knock anyone over.

3 Likes

Shinjuku Station is the busiest train station in the world, by passenger volume.
That cat isn’t too far from where I live; I think I need to go check it out this weekend.

7 Likes
5 Likes

The main thing I learnt was not to over think it and just walk consistently. As soon as I started worrying about whether I would bump into people, that’s when I did.

I found working in London’s Oxford Street much more stressful than Tokyo, people in UK have no discipline and walk like manics!

3 Likes

Is it friends with Kuroneko Yamato?

If it was anything it my cats, it would have the opposite sleep schedule.

2 Likes

OK, I saw the cat yesterday.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.