A supremely weird book: 'Dating Vegans'

Unless you stop growing them. Then, because they are so overbred that they are unlikely to survive in nature, they… well… won’t survive. Same for other species and subspecies.

Meat is murder.
Veganism is genocide.

1 Like

Frog populations are in decline. Vegans are to blame. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The BEST bit is that you ignored all this!

I guess I don’t care what you do or don’t eat, as long as you don’t get preachy. Life feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on life…

And the angel of the lord came unto me
snatching me up from my place of slumber.
And took me on high and higher still
until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself.
And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest.
And as we descended cries of impending doom rose from the soil.
One thousand nay a million voices full of fear.
And terror possessed me then.
And I begged “Angel of the Lord what are these tortured screams?”
And the angel said unto me,
“These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!
You see, Reverend Maynard,
tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust.”
And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat
like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared,
“Hear me now, I have seen the light!
They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul!
Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!”
Can I get an amen?

1 Like

You do realize that livestock are fed grains which are farmed in exactly the same way, right? And that animal agriculture requires the excessive and unsustainable farming of crops, which increases the number of animals incidentally killed or displaced by such farming, and leads to widespread deforestation? (About 85% of soy grown is used to feed animals). So how exactly in the hell do vegans kill “more” animals than omnivores? Omnivores take the incidental deaths involved in plant agriculture, multiply them, and pile on top of them the completely unnecessary suffering and death of millions of large, complex, sensate animals.

No vegan who shops at the supermarket thinks that their diet literally causes zero suffering to any sensate entity. But they can be damned sure they are doing less harm to the world and contributing less pain to the world than an omnivore is. And they can do so without being a judgey asshole towards those omnivores, even when those omnivores are dead set on being judgey assholes toward them.

7 Likes

I eat grass fed beef.

You…you do realize that those cows are fed a FUCKTON of vegetables, right?

1 Like

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/A._Whitney_Brown

I used to think vegans were the most annoying food people.

Then paleo came along.

8 Likes

lacto-ovo vegans?

Is that even possible?

See above.

What do grass fed cows eat?

Even when I first said this to tease my younger sister, decades ago, I realized that this joke was probably not unique. Although, at the time, I didn’t have the internet to verify that for me…

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the gist of Hindu vegetarianism.

…but has nothing to do with veganism.

Yes, surely the decline of frog populations in North America, South America, Australia, Fiji, and elsewhere in the world is the result of there being so many vegans, who make up a substantial portion of the population in all these places. This is plainly a solid evidence-based deduction, not just blindly throwing any criticism you can come up with. :unamused:

I hear a lot of people accuse vegans of acting holier-than-thou and proselytizing, but somehow when the topic comes up, I tend to see much more of that by anti-vegans. Here is an example. Speaking as someone who does eat meat, and knows society is a long way from making that difficult, the ire is perplexing.

10 Likes

11 Likes

One word:
Bacon.

…and now I am craving some. Oops…

3 Likes

People tend to attach their self esteem and anger to all sorts of odd isolated things, and that’s hardly unique to vegans. People often become obsessed with single political issues or conspiracy theories and this is often described as psychological “displacement.”

1 Like

Me, I though: "Well, you cut out a chunk, say about fifteen grams, then you burn it, then you measure the ratio of carbon-14 to that of carbon-16…

2 Likes