A tall smokestack collapsed on an excavator, and a drone filmed it

You’ll have to first bring sexy back, hoe. When you’ve done that, I’ll give you the next step.

1 Like

This is one of those times when using remotely activated explosives already failed twice.

2 Likes

So? The solution is obvious isn’t it? Use more.

3 Likes

My dad got that right with a huge pine tree at our place but he was in a small triangular area between two fences and the falling tree. If fell away from him but he got out of there on the assumption that the bottom of the tree might bounce backwards. Levitation is real. I have seen it happen.

2 Likes

They should have called Adam and Jamie. Maybe this is their next career. Solving bizarre engineering problems.

Yeah we used a cable hoist for that. Cable must have been 20mm thick and I could pull a pine tree over a couple of metres that way.

1 Like

Should have tried Jet Fuel. [ducks]

2 Likes

Excavator fuel can’t melt brick smokestacks.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Thank you for that. Fortunately it was only my pride that tumbled down when I read your reply so not only were there no injuries but it needs to be taken down on a regular basis anyway.

2 Likes

Have to say I would have moved the shed! But that guy’s a pro - look at the saw he’s using. It cost more than the first three cars I owned combined, no lie.

I once saw a guy I’ll refer to as the “gypsy tree butcher” climb up an oak tree and cut a big limb directly overhanging my house and driveway. Despite being quite clearly on some serious drugs, he quickly made an elaborate, twisting cut in the branch while straddling it, that ran under the limb and up one side. (Meanwhile I was running towards the car to move it because I could see he wasn’t going to stop despite my shouting at him.)

As he carefully finished his crazy multifaceted cut, the branch swung thirty degrees to one side, rotated 90 degrees, and fell into a slot between the car and house with inches to spare on each side. It was amazing. That branch was heavy enough to cave my car’s roof in to the headrests, too.

6 Likes

Or, you could, you know, just kick it…

What could go wrong?

Kicking is no fun. Boom putty is fun. Questions?

1 Like

Thermite? Are you crazy?

The only way to bring down a smokestack of this size is to crash fully-fuelled 747s into it. Repeatedly.

3 Likes

AHHH - that makes more sense.

Isn’t there a Department in the U.S. Federal government which specializes in destroying structures from a distance?

3 Likes

Next time, use explosives.

1 Like

The question is, how to bullshit them that there is a wanted terrorist hiding Just Here.

1 Like

So this is one of those times you fire your explosives expert and bring in someone to do it right? Third time is a charm after all.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.