A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

14 Likes

Face Palm Ugh GIF by The Bachelor

12 Likes
14 Likes

A 26 year old with small breasts, an 82 year old with larger ones, it’s all wrong! Our bodies are all wrong!!!
:roll_eyes:
It’s infuriating because, on top of the unsolicited criticism no matter what we look like, there is also the unsolicited harassment bc whatever our body type, some group of men are into that ‘type’ and sees it as their ultimate sex doll. :woman_shrugging:t2:

17 Likes
14 Likes
12 Likes

Nothing wrong with it to me; she looks beautiful.

18 Likes

Beautiful dress and she wears it very well. I also love her attitude about her body
I do wonder if it itched!

16 Likes

If the bodice is 100% tulle, it must have.

18 Likes

arrrgh, not worn much tulle, but if it’s anything like wool…
Scratching Episode 5 GIF

7 Likes

It’s tame compared to what shows up on the runway during any Fashion Week event. :woman_shrugging:t4: Still, I’m glad she’s calling out men who need to be repeatedly told nobody cares about their narrow-minded opinions.

15 Likes

Word.

16 Likes

There is this soft tulle some of my kids clothes have. Not itchy like the usual stuff, but it also doesn’t have that tulle stiffness. Hell, it might not even be tulle, but it has a similar pattern to the weave

@nick_warr tulle is very itchy!

She did a great job calling out the assholes

15 Likes

I’ve never been a fan of nose rings like that – they’re too bovine for me – but it would never occur to me to tell someone they couldn’t wear pierced jewelry wherever they want on their own body.

The idea that my opinion would matter with regard to what clothing someone wants to wear, or not? That’s simply idiotic.

15 Likes

Same here; as a WoC, it harkens too much back to chattel slavery to ever appeal to me aesthetically… yet I would still never even think to tell someone that they are ‘not allowed’ to wear whatever jewelry they please on whatever body part.

12 Likes

Agreed! I especially love how she called attention to the fact that they felt so entitled and comfortable calling out a woman on her choice of clothing in such vulgar terms that they were doing it with their professional signatures attached!
This is the landscape.

12 Likes

Along those lines, Pink is dealing with some of these same “Why should a woman have an opinion on issues that affect women? Shut up and entertain me!”

20 Likes

Telling Pink to shut up and do what she’s told. Huh. That’s going to go well.

15 Likes

Ah, those were the days! (sighed more and more men these days)

8 Likes

Coming soon to a red state near you! /s… not really.

10 Likes