A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Wow! That is brilliant.
I hope I live long enough to see this kind of thing become unnecessary, but in the meantime, this is a heartening show of allyship.

9 Likes

It is! But it’s also good for their business, too. If a bar gets a reputation for allowing predatory behavior, then women are going to stop coming, and so will men… it makes much more sense to keep spaces as safe as possible to keep the business coming, I’d think.

8 Likes

Agreed, I can see a lot of women choosing this place for date. Knowing they have a way out if the guy they are meeting is creepy. So win-win. Women are safer, bars gets business. Only losers are predatory creeps

8 Likes

“There was an atmosphere where people wondered if women could play,” Takakura says of attitudes in 1991.

Many of the teams said they generally struggled to find football boots and goalkeeping gloves to fit women.

But King believes at that point, FIFA was far from convinced about having a Women’s World Cup.

The first World Cup was officially called the “FIFA Women’s World Championship for the M&M’s Cup”. FIFA was reluctant to call it a World Cup.

4 Likes

Portland murders - live: Person of interest linked to four deaths weeks after police denied ‘serial killer’

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind – if I ever start measuring my identity against random peoples’ expectations. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

Hmmm, don’t Trump and Musk post a lot? Forward this to them.

7 Likes

Didn’t their sample include any of those needy high volume manosphere posters and influencers? I don’t think it’s just for the monetization.

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Reminds me of when my ex added me to her Co-Op membership, and suddenly all the correspondence was addressed to me. She had had the membership in her name for 15+ years at that point.

2 Likes
1 Like

9 Likes

Well, that was predictable but infuriating. And the comments…it just keeps going.
I can’t remember if I’ve already mentioned this back here, but one story that really has stuck with me was from a lovely older woman I met on a trip recently. I already knew about the shit women went through up ‘til the ‘70s in the US, needing a “male family member” to sign off on loans and apartment deposits and stuff.
But this woman (from the UK) told me about how she got married and “from one week to the next, as a single woman I could’ve signed the lease, but now that I was married I needed my husband to sign.”

3 Likes

Some 2,200 infants died in Texas in 2022 – an increase of 227 deaths, or 11.5%, over the previous year, according to preliminary infant mortality data from the Texas Department of State Health Services that CNN obtained through a public records request.

3 Likes

All that pain and suffering, just to torture women. Yet none of them ask themselves “are we the baddies?”

3 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes

Previously

3 Likes