A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

how high wtf GIF

3 Likes

My take on this, honestly there are women who do desire that sort of life, but not the devaluation and dehumanization that comes with “trad wife” bullshit. Witness the Back to the Land movement of the late 60’s-early 70’s. The issue here is not “homesteading and hand-making.” I am all for that for those who enjoy it. The issue is “women do not need to have any agency, men should make all the decisions. Women are fit only for housework and reproduction.” This needs to die in a fire. Soonest.

12 Likes

Unfortunately, medicine tends to be a bit conservative at best. Most of us spent a decade or more in training, mortgaged our futures for the potential of the job, and are frankly terrified of things changing. And surgeons are among the worst in that mode. Partly due to the even longer training period required, but also (probably more so) due to the ingrained attitudes of the senior attendings. I do see younger folks chafing under this, and there are signs of movement (and increasing, but still minimal, female representation in the field) but at a glacial pace. I wish I could be more encouraging, but there it is.

12 Likes

I mean, there are surgical tools right there on the tray. You’d think the seniors would be a little more guarded with their behavior. /s

dont touch me ava gardner GIF

6 Likes

Jennifer Lopez Yes GIF by mtv

9 Likes

“To my knowledge, my mom is still alive but not in my life because the defendant raped me and I reported him to the police. That is strictly forbidden in Scientology. It is considered a high crime. And this past nearly seven years after my case was reopened from my 2004 original police report, I fully cooperated in the investigations of the multiple rapes and victims that he was ultimately charged and convicted”

1 Like
2 Likes

Strange Aeons has some videos on the tumblr tradwife ecosystem that are pretty entertaining…

5 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

I would say “ask a doctor,” but there are docs out there who have sold their souls for MAGA cred and abandoned their obligation to science. I hate this, but it is true. Ask Mama Doctor Jones. She’s got it right.

Of course, this MAGAt won’t care. But we need to understand.

9 Likes

The backlash is about to fall full force on the women of Iran…

8 Likes

Follow up…

5 Likes

Bonus: Laurence Fox reveals himself not only to be a Nazi, but a misogynistic Nazi. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes