A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Time for some cautious optimism:

13 Likes

Hey GitLab, the 1970s called and want their sexism back: Saleswomen told to wear short skirts, heels and ‘step it up’

8 Likes

https://papost.org/2020/02/05/in-pa-jails-women-are-paying-more-than-double-for-the-same-tampons-theyd-get-on-the-outside/

In Pa. jails, women are paying more than double for the same tampons they’d get on the outside.

A PA Post analysis found that the private companies in charge of providing goods to inmates are price-gouging items. But their contracts say that’s not allowed.

11 Likes
11 Likes

JFC. There are just too many things wrong with this to list.

14 Likes

:fu: :fu: :fu:

8 Likes

13 Likes

To be fair, those are the only rights he hasn’t peed in yet.

6 Likes

Speaking of peeing on…an ad that was rejected for playing during the Oscars:

The spritz bottle that is shaped completely wrong for how you have to use it…etc. etc. Who knew there was another option? No one who watched the Oscars, that’s for sure.

8 Likes
10 Likes

I didn’t think it could get any more toxic…

6 Likes

Oh, if only women would stop asking for equal rights or for an end to sexual harassment or for equal pay or not to be beaten and/or killed by their partners, these guys who stop joining in with those groups and give them all the things they want! All they want is to know they are in charge of things… /s

:roll_eyes:

It always can get more toxic. Always.

16 Likes

Trigger warnings…all of them:

11 Likes

How many fetuses ended up being born into Catholic homes and then being raped by their local priest? Maybe this is one reason why religious leaders insist on forced birth: more victims to choose from.

10 Likes

sineadpoperip

17 Likes

STILL relevant, sadly. At least now people are starting to realize she was right all along.

I saw that show live, by the way. No way to rewind at the time, so there was an element of “did I just see that?”, but it was immediately apparent that she was mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.

13 Likes

Me too… people were pissed at her for it (even non-Catholics). It basically wrecked her career in the states, which is unfortunately, given how massively talented she is.

But she was right and the little Francis has done isn’t nearly enough. It’s disappointing.

13 Likes

I vividly remember “Did you hear what Sinead O’Connor did?!?” being asked around school. It seems quaint to me now. Imagine* living in a time when that was the most shocking thing that happened on Saturday night.

* Since memories are a guided form of imagination

10 Likes

Weirdly, I was talking about that in a class once, and I played the clip, the whole class (who had probably not been born yet and likely had no clue who John Paul II was?) gasped when they saw her rip up the picture… The act still has some power, apparently.

12 Likes
11 Likes