A toilet found in Jerusalem is older than Jesus

Originally published at: A toilet found in Jerusalem is older than Jesus | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Jesus Christ GIF

6 Likes

Gives new meaning to the phrase, “Christ, what an asshole!”

3 Likes

A data-point in the sit vs squat controversy. Were there any signs on the wall?

toilet squatting

7 Likes

Holy shit!

8 Likes

4b23f6244474886fe5b9338afd9a8062

6 Likes

Ugh, strange things were afoot at the Jerusalem Cafe!

6 Likes

No picture of him (sorry, Him) looking at his iPhone?

2 Likes

I will have to check again, but nowhere in the Bible is Jesus described as taking a dump, so therefore . . .

God don’t make no junk crap.

3 Likes

I am sure that didn’t stop enterprising residents selling the holy sh*t of Jesus Christ to some crusader, and it was enshrined as a first class relic in some cathedral somewhere.

1 Like

A toilet found in Jerusalem is older than Jesus

… So it’s 34 years old?

8 Likes

This gives me an idea… I’d love for someone not-as-lazy-as-me to rewrite classic books with time appropriate bathroom breaks.

ie.

30 minutes into the last supper John said “sorry my dudes, I gotta take a leak, I didn’t eat lunch and all this wine is going straight through my system”

And the third wise man said “Excuse me, but I gotta use the bathroom, we’ve been walking for hours”

3 Likes

By chance, I saw this right after a friend sent me a link to modern/contemporary design – from Italy, no less – of a cubic toilet.
So sleek… so pure, immaculate in its conception… so not designed to accommodate human legs… just waiting for someone to mistake it for a washing machine and put their dirty clothes in it…
I thought, what would compel these designers to create something so ill-suited to its task. I should have realized it was a throwback to the timeless classics of the ancient Roman Empire.

4 Likes

I’d say that would have been unlikely but the Holy Foreskin was a relic, so why not?

3 Likes

Before Christ’s Toilet (BCT)

Now that’s some old shit.

3 Likes

Pride & Prejudice & Pooping

2 Likes

Apropos…

1 Like

After Christ’s Toilet (ACT)

The same old shit.

2 Likes

Well, it is halo-shaped, after all…