A trembling Kevin McCarthy apologizes to Donald Trump for not praising the GOP dictator enough on CNBC

Originally published at: A trembling Kevin McCarthy apologizes to Donald Trump for not praising the GOP dictator enough on CNBC | Boing Boing

8 Likes

MTG probably threatened to call for a vote to oust him… I hope he realizes what a weak speaker he is by the shitty deals he made with the farthest right figures in his caucus to get that gavel. His district sent him to Washington to do his work, and he’s failing miserable (as are all the folks on the right side of the aisle, frankly).

25 Likes

Dingleberries have more spine and an ever so slight whiff of integrity.

10 Likes

I assume MTG and Bobo will both call for a vote to oust him, then turn on each other. More.

7 Likes

Stupid and an arse-licker: never a good combination in a fascist enabler.

15 Likes

How pathetically fragile can a leader be and still be thought of as legitimate? What do his worshippers think will happen if he’s put in a position where has to be strong and decisive. What would happen if putin calls him a chickenshit pissant. Maybe Xi Jinping just announces that trump is too weak and stupid to keep Taiwan safe, that China is taking it. Do they think trump could handle any serious challenge if he needs propped up because McCarthy fails to worship him? Who really is in charge if trump is in office?

13 Likes

The highest bidder?

19 Likes

That’s in a run off with the one that can massage his ego the most.

11 Likes

Among other things.

3 Likes

If there’s something TFG is known for, it’s definitely loyalty.

7 Likes

What does McCarthy get out of sucking up to Trump like this? Seriously. The Speakership, I guess, but he’s one of the weakest Speakers ever, and Biden has been taking advantage of that, as have idiots like MTG. I can’t imagine a Trump backed primary challenger to McCarthy would do very well in that district, so it’s not like his seat in the House requires him to bend the knee to TFG. I really don’t get this guy.

4 Likes

What was that old e.e. cummings line about a politician being “an arse upon which everyone has sat except a man”?

3 Likes

What Kevin McCarthy fails to understand is that there is no Republican Party anymore. The Republican Party is a straw party standing in for Trumpism. The Trumpists are calling there party Ultra MAGA now.

2 Likes

I have often thought that Mar a Lago is the modern day equivalent of Canossa.

5 Likes

As a former Australian PM once quipped “You’re a shiver looking for a spine to run up.”

5 Likes

It’s confusing because one understandably assumes someone in his position would be smart and therefore calculating. But he’s actually just one of those dullards who lucked and stumbled his way into power. Once one understands that he’s dumb, the dumb decisions make sense.

10 Likes

… he just chose not to last time :crazy_face:

6 Likes

How many Kevin McCarthys does it take to change a lightbulb?
None, you have to have a House first.

5 Likes

I anxiously await the day that people wake up from this weird, cult-like trance this absolute butthead has them in… And I also fear for the future, because the next one will be worse.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.