A Trump supporter in a clown wig was arrested for carrying three loaded guns into a Dairy Queen

Stawovy told investigators he had it to protect himself from drug traffickers, intended to kill “Democrats and liberals” and wanted to “restore (former President Donald) Trump to President king of the United States,” police said in a news release.

“It’s not what you think, I had it for self defense!.. and, okay, for murder too.”

9 Likes

Shouldn’t it have been a Burger King? Or do I have my fast foot order of succession confused?

5 Likes

Oh my! There is so much more to this story.
He was asked not to attend two different churches for his outbursts and behavior. Once attending services in full clown attire.

7 Likes

That begs the question: Where did he think he was going to find “liberals” within his neck of the woods? :thinking:

12 Likes

A fine question to ask. We’re an endangered species in this neck of the woods!

ETA: I should say the ones loud enough to make themselves known around here are rare. The public displays are all fascist, though I know there’s some quiet libs lurking in the wings. A few Fetterman signs have given me hope. When my wife wanted to put up a US flag I agreed, as long as she let me put a rainbow coexist one under it. I’ve had a few people comment supportively, so I am trying to not give in to despair for all my neighbors.

16 Likes

working undercover

Jerry Seinfeld Agree GIF

5 Likes

The Vanilla Chocolate Swirl must flow.

11 Likes

…Don’t bother
They’re heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere

7 Likes

2022 Bingo!!!

Here’s my card, I don’t want a prize, can we please stop now?!?

16 Likes

Maybe he figured no one would recognize him later after he took the “disguise” off :thinking:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I grew up in the area. It’s a real shame how 20 years of separation has opened my eyes to the level of backwards that is pervasive in these communities.

When I was in high school, a gay man was beaten to death by a student and the local populace’s reaction was either “We don’t have gays here, they’re just in NYC” or “He was very open about it and should have known better.”

4 Likes

I don’t recall that incident but I can easily see it. I keep reminding myself Fred Rogers was from very near here too. There’s some good people in the neighborhood, even if they’re not the loud ones.

9 Likes

Perhaps he thought that ‘liberals’ like clowns, so he wore the outfit as a lure. Little did he know that many people at both ends of the political spectrum find clowns to be as scary as shit.

2 Likes

I didn’t think Joker II would be out so soon

4 Likes

Nah, don’t give them Fred. Hunker and Ligonier are like 20 miles apart, and in PA terms, that might as well be on a different planet.

Hunker is straight-up “this would be a trailer park in a cloverleaf off a turnpike rest stop, if people sold the family farm and improved their lives by living in a trailer.”

1 Like

I hear you but it’s all the small town culture though, out here in the Red Sea between Philly and the ‘burgh. Latrobe is just as full of 45-lovers as every other little town in the woods here but it produced one of the finest humans I can think of. If Fred Rogers can come from one of these areas, there can be others who feed my optimism. There has to be, and if I don’t concede Fred is from one of those areas then I risk giving up on believing there’s hope for the rest of them. Defeatism is too easy when there’s so many anti-Freds around.

4 Likes

I’m not knocking him or his family, but back in the 20’s, they were affluent and successful, unlike most others at the time. They were not your typical family, and are a good representation of what life could be like for someone who got out, got an education, and decided to make something of themselves.

The ones who didn’t manage to get an education or a wider perspective on the world are completely ignorant of the fact that they’re perpetuating their own misguided stereotypes.

Even as a child of the 70s and 80s, this was true for the area. Ligonier/Latrobe has always been a mix of the vocal, ignorant bumblefuck majority, and the wealthier, educated, quiet people who stay in their compounds.

1 Like

Sounds like the No True Neighbor fallacy to me. :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.