A very Sissy Bounce Hanukkah; 'Dreidel Song,' Gypsyphonic Disko feat. Katey Red (music video)

[Permalink]

1 Like

Iā€™m sure no one will be offended by this video.

On another subject; how long has the Boing Boing logo been animated? I just moused over Jackhammer Jill and saw her in action. Cute!

Iā€™m not Jewish, and I hardly know anybody who is, and it still seems offensive to me. (Though Iā€™ll acknowledge that the whole dreidel/gambling thing in general could be vaguely offensive to begin with.)

I now have a go-to video for when people want to know what ā€˜twerkingā€™ is.

1 Like

The dreidel always was used for gambling, throughout Jewish history. Itā€™s just another form of dice.

1 Like

That was my (counter) point, though I probably could have phrased it to be more clear that it was a historical reference and not the depiction in the video.

I am, and thereā€™s nothing there to offend me personally even if the music isnā€™t really my thing. Chanukah is a minor non-biblical holiday, and itā€™s not like twerking or whatever trans glam is are particularly sacrilegious to whatā€™s supposed to be a celebration.

Even today, the dreidel game is just gambling. Everyone antes up, and one spins it. If it lands on N it goes to the next spinner, G the player gets the whole pot, H gets half the pot, and S means the player throws one more into the pot. Sometimes itā€™s played with chocolate gold foil coins you see being thrown around that are called Gelt, although thatā€™s just yiddish for ā€œmoneyā€.

2 Likes

This is better:

Go Loko is also useful and very serious reference material.

1 Like

I find Jill most unnervingā€¦ for many months I keep my cursor to my self control. Curious!?

Sexy people +twerking +dreidel+crappy song =crappy song

3 Likes

i love it. perfect for Thanksgivukkah. next chance? 70,000+ years for the convergence. and? love it love it love it!

I donā€™t agree - one of the things about a live symphony performance is observing the players, and the conductor in particular.

Now, seriously ā€“ you think thereā€™s any dance that isnā€™t about sex? This is just rather more to the point.

Does anyone know what Katey is saying at about 17 seconds onwardā€¦ sounds like yippie yippie yippie Hanukkahā€¦ but Iā€™m thinking maybe itā€™s a saying, like Happy Haunukkah that I donā€™t know?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.