A woman climbed into the lion exhibit at the Bronx Zoo and uploaded video to Instagram

The OP is probably thinking of the Lemba, who believe themselves to be descended from Jews who migrated to Africa.

The Wikipedia article says, “Genetic Y-DNA analyses in the 2000s have established a partially Middle-Eastern origin for a portion of the male Lemba population. More recent research argues that DNA studies do not support claims for a specifically Jewish genetic heritage.”

4 Likes
14 Likes

Interesting. There’s an Ethiopian connection in re: the migration path from the Middle East to Southern Africa.

3 Likes

Cheetahs: nature’s most efficient and squeeful murder machine.

14 Likes

Future Darwin Award winner, there.

SMH

7 Likes

Someone else got there first.

2 Likes

It’s not a contest.

9 Likes

The best part is really how bloody confused the poor lion is. He doesn´t even know what to make of this.

11 Likes

I wonder if anyone keeps stats on people killed or injured for social media reasons. Like the guy whose girlfriend shot him through a dictionary, or people falling into the Grand Canyon. Those would be interesting stats.

5 Likes

Something, something, joke about that’s the wrong type of cat…

Thank you. Of all that bugged me about this video, the worst to me was that she pulled this stunt in front of a bunch of kids. So, so irresponsible.

8 Likes

The lions are thinking, “we get three squares a day and a comfortable place to live. It would be fun to kill and eat this fool, but then they will euthanize at least one of us.” Smart.

14 Likes

Yes we has

15 Likes

It’s okay, the lions can’t read this website.

23 Likes

I bet this woman is fucking exhausting to know and be around in real life.

29 Likes

perhaps with the disclaimer: "When people do not respect the barriers there’s always a chance that there might be a problem.”

5 Likes
6 Likes

Could we bring it back? Nothing involuntary, I’m sure some could be convinced to do this in the wild - because those lions need to be saved, and saving the rest of us from these episodes in zoos could be a win-win.

I’ve learned so many things from reading her Instagram post, but I think the most important thing is that apparently you can just self-title whenever you want, and if people don’t recognize it, that’s their problem.

Henceforth, I shall be known as
Tha Most Highest Lord of Earth and All Her Chidren and Every1 In It + PLus PLUS a Million to the INFINITY POwer 100

And it’s true because I said so.

9 Likes

Hopefully, it will get easier. You’ll just have to visit her in jail.

3 Likes

I see what you did there.

4 Likes