A woman took her gun to an MRI appointment. It shot her in the ass.

What was she supposed to do? Leave it in her car?
/s

4 Likes

Awww! You’ll hurt little tucky’s fee-fees!
live slug reaction

4 Likes

Obviously a danger to society, someone could have been really hurt and more are probably endangered every day because of this kind of irresponsibility. It’s time for common sense MRI reform laws now!

7 Likes

Like the F-35, internal weapons stowage?

2 Likes

Have a plan. Leave it at home.

Most metal plates and implants are not ferrous.

2 Likes

Lead is not magnetic but the gun and the barrel and the trigger mechanism is.

2 Likes

What if someone suddenly tried to make her use a pronoun? What then?!?

7 Likes

MRI buttresses case for wand scans. Ironically ferrets out concealed slug.

4 Likes

I’m glad the woman and all the humans involved are okay. That is indeed the most important thing, no matter how… Darwinistically inclined… they might be.

But my second thought is “omg that bullet might have gone straight into the MRI machine”. That could be a VERY expensive repair bill, and I suspect enough that the average individual would not be able to cover it even with insurance. Terrible for her, and even worse - depending on availability of MRI machines in her area - could compromise the care of other people (either delaying MRIs, making it unavailable entirely for a time - or because this is the USA - I suspect this could mean patients are being told to go out of network?).

4 Likes

Killed someone? Hell, it could have wrecked 'em.

She’s still a human. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yes, clearly significant parts of the gun were, I didn’t think that needed to be said. I was more idly curious to the effect of the magnets on the flying bullet.

1 Like

Because we don’t need a Garrett as much as a McGarrett to stop the nonsense.

4 Likes

Why for certain professions, it’s good to do a plain film first.

I’ve heard seamstresses and carpenters occasionally internally misplace a pin/nail they had in their mouth for a second.

Owie.

4 Likes

Weasel GIF

Oh sorry, my bad - that’s a weasel, they’re stoatally different from ferrites.

7 Likes

Well, did they find anything? :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.