MRI machine fires man's gun at hospital, killing him

Originally published at: MRI machine fires man's gun at hospital, killing him | Boing Boing

15 Likes

I have to give him some credit; not everyone would be there to protect patients and sensitive medical equipment from the problem they created, so he has that in his favor.

14 Likes

I feel that this was a movie plot device once. No, I don’t mean X-men

20 Likes

guns don’t kill people, medical imaging do

42 Likes

@BakaNeko has been keeping us up to date in the responsible firearms owners thread.

15 Likes

He should be posthumously awarded membership in one of the USA’s many Well Regulated™ Militias®.

19 Likes

bollywood

25 Likes

Shame on Laboratory Cure for disarming their medical equipment! Maybe if there’d been a good MRI with a gun to stop this troubled lone-wolf MRI…

34 Likes

Narrator: “In the year 2023, we thought it would start with A.I. We were wrong. When the first sentient M.R.I. came online, mankind had only months to live…”

16 Likes

@Brainspore

Where on earth is that gif from?

-Intrigued of Clacton-on-Tees.

11 Likes

This was not the first case. In 2015, 4 police officers entered a clinic in Florianópolis, capital of Santa Catarina, as they thought the place was being looted by criminals. While looking for the bandits, one of the police officers had his gun violently attracted by the machjne’s magnetic field.

They had to call the firemen to try to pull the gun.

I wonder If the pistol was rendered useless, as It has got magnetized too.

19 Likes

Here you go. :+1:

13 Likes

It’s going to be a tough year for Darwin Award’s committee.

27 Likes

Cheers, @euansmith , that looks absolutely bonkers.
I shall look it up and save it for a late-night watch.

7 Likes

That is from a Kollywood movie starring Rajinikanth, a big action star. That specific scene is either from the sci-fi action film Enthiran or its sequel 2.0 in which Rajinikanth plays a humanoid android.

10 Likes

Darwin Award, maybe?
Challenge Thumbs Up GIF

ETA: @west Jinx!

16 Likes

Tamil Movies can have a wonderfully free approach to storytelling and suspension of belief.

8 Likes

They never should have changed the name from NMR. That Nuclear out in front made people cautious.

17 Likes

This appears to be more of an NRA Scanner.

25 Likes

Filed under the “fuck around and find out” department.

11 Likes