Chicago: Shooting at Mercy Hospital, police officer and suspect among 'multiple victims'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/19/chicago-mass-shooting-at-mercy.html

4 Likes

I am so fucking tired of posting this meme, more than anyone is of seeing it:

38 Likes

I can’t find the Uncle Sam Groundhog Day gif.

42 Likes

Each time I have to check the news to see if it is a new story or an old one I missed.

Always a fucking new one…

24 Likes

It’s getting to the point they can’t update the thumbnail picture fast enough for the article

19 Likes

27 Likes

“‘Too soon to talk about gun control’ says NRA spokesperson while a supporting chorus of a Republican lawmakers joins in for the four-part harmonies.”

25 Likes

And yet another mass shooting at a place that had “good guys with guns” on site. As a preventative measure they really don’t seem to have much effect.

36 Likes

tumblr_p36dps7izR1w97wono2_500

25 Likes

35 Likes

The Well Regulated Militia™ strikes again!!!

The right to this non-stop gun-fucking dumbassery SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!

9 Likes

The answer is so simple- we need to arm the doctors. They’re highly educated, highly trained professionals. They should be able to dig out bullets with one hand while they fire a pistol with the other.

23 Likes

Or instead of passing through a metal detector in the emergency room to prevent people from bringing in guns, hand them out. If everyone is armed, everyone is safe. War is peace. Hate is love. Slavery is freedom. Guns are safety.

20 Likes

That one works particularly well given that we have a mass shooting almost every single day in the US, even if the vast majority get no press attention.

9 Likes

Brilliant! It’s that kind of outside the box thinking that will solve this problem while still maintaining the current guns to people ratio we have come know and love!

9 Likes

England is a cup of tea.
France, a wheel of ripened brie.
Greece, a short, squat olive tree.
America is a gun.

Brazil is football on the sand.
Argentina, Maradona’s hand.
Germany, an oompah band.
America is a gun.

Holland is a wooden shoe.
Hungary, a goulash stew.
Australia, a kangaroo.
America is a gun.

Japan is a thermal spring.
Scotland is a highland fling.
Oh, better to be anything
than America as a gun.

– Brian Bilston

22 Likes

This is literally the script of an episode of ER. It even happened in Chicago. Not that it matters but I’ve run out of things to say on this never ending tragedy.

10 Likes

Cue presidential victim-blaming in 5…4…3…

9 Likes

“None of these patients had their guns, if these patients had been able to carry their guns with them, well, who knows?”

12 Likes

Robot voice: Thoughts. Prayers.

13 Likes