A woman's Christmas dragons on her lawn were called "demonic" by a neighbor, so she added more

Doubling down on Dragons in the face of anonymous passive agression is priceless.

However, the opportunity of installing a life-sized or better inflatable Krampus is being totally missed out on. Maybe next year

3 Likes

Dang it, now I want x-mas kaiju on my lawn, and I don’t even have a plug out there! :angry:

9 Likes

Note to Xtianists and neighbourhood busybodies AND PEOPLE WHO COMMUNICATE IN ALL CAPS

Or is that redundant?

4 Likes

Can any Chinese ppl on BB help me understand the symbolism of dragons in Chinese culture? I always thought they were super cool looking and I like the wacky waving inflatable tube man aesthetic of the dragon float things. I feel weird appropriating the imagery, don’t wear clothes with it etc but I really think they are cool - some of the art even has a kind of psudo fractal element.

1 Like

Diana Rowland is badass, fullstop.

5 Likes

Fornicating elves is where I would go with this.

3 Likes

Ah, now I remember; the magic words are “relentlessly gay”.

2 Likes

Or for a saltwater tank.

2 Likes

Image result for painted fence bob

22 Likes

I now want to tell my little one that Father Christmas is a great Red Dragon who takes on human form each year. That’s how he travels so fast.
He uses his horde of gold to pay his elves and his firey breath to keep the work shop warm and pleasent.

10 Likes

I believe that was part of Ms Rowland’s argument. She put halos on them and said they were angels, citing Ezekiel 1:1-28.

Her tweet is referenced in the buzzfeed article. Donations to a Charity of your choice.

12 Likes

That looks like something straight out of Dragonball Z.

1 Like

That sounds pretty metal.
I LOVE IT!
We ned more christmas dragons and less petty small minded people that complain agout it.

1 Like

Now, if only she could lure the neighbors into taking long exposure pictures of her place…

(Awesome and fun, but when you can only see it via specialized photography, why not just photoshop it?)

1 Like

Just wait for Chinese New Year, motherfuckers!

12 Likes

More enjoyable would be reading “Tea With The Black Dragon”, by R A MacAvoy, The Black Dragon of the title is an elderly gentleman, Mayland Long, who helps a woman who’s daughter has disappeared and may be involved in a dangerous crime. Mayland may be the human incarnation of a Chinese dragon, and explains the significance of dragons in Chinese culture. Imperial dragons always have five toes, this enables them to hold a tea-cup, and write to their friends…

4 Likes

RA MacAvoy - yes! I’d also highly recommend her Book of Kells. I think that would make a really good movie with one small addition - dragons! Not really sure how they would fit into the novel, but dragons just seem like a great idea right now.

1 Like

At least she doesn’t have to put up with the Lee County Codes Enforcement officers of Lee county, Floriduh like we do here on Pine Island. OCD retirees and property value bottom liners are at war with those of us who are more laid back including the earlier watermen(and women) culture. I’m sick of the Green Lawn Worshipers and building code sticklers. Luckily they didn’t notice my Yule wreath has a Pentacle in the middle.

I lived in Naples for a couple of years. It was landscaping rules hell.

First, she had tiny widdle dragons on her lawn…

dany-baby-dragon

Then they got bigger…

dragonsrule

And now, how I imagine this lady…

dany-drogon-battle

Hopefully, that mean spirited neighbor has a Bron to save her…

jaime-saved-by-bron

11 Likes