A woman's Christmas dragons on her lawn were called "demonic" by a neighbor, so she added more

But a flying, cloven-hoofed demon with a glowing, red nose is OK?

21 Likes

She doubled down on the drags. Good for her!!

1 Like

I don’t know where I first heard it, but anybody that puts a nativity scene in their front yard is basically pretending they are the inn keepers that denied a bed to a very pregnant Mary and told her to go sleep in the barn.

12 Likes

Indeed, LP, I think one of her suggestions was your local ACLU chapter. :wink:

1 Like

Reminds me of Cyriak’s “The Spirit of Christmas” video.

3 Likes

The first time Diana Rowland decorated her lawn with inflatable dragons, a gift from her husband, it was on Halloween.

The above brought me to tears, it has to be one of the sweetest things I have read in a long time.

3 Likes

11 Likes

i-got-a-fever-and-the-only-prescription-is-more-dragons

18 Likes

Whiskey Tango… I don’t say that much myself.
I don’t think it’s a right thing.

Not so different though, right?

8 Likes

I miss Falcor.

14 Likes

Rudolph is deeply not OK; but on different grounds.

That particular bit of Christmas cheer isn’t usually told as “Santa stood idly by as all of the other reindeer created a deeply hostile work environment for Rudolph for reasons that would seem petty and juvenile even in junior high. Then one day he realized that the freak had his uses, all of the other reindeer started sucking up to the guy getting the boss’ attention; and the story ends because everything is now OK.” but that’s the story.

Rudolph should have wished the lot of them a merry controlled flight into terrain and called it a night.

12 Likes

Yo Dawg, I herd you like dragonz, so I got you some dragonz wit dragonz so you could have dragonz wit dragonz while you havin’ yo’ dragonz wit dragonz.

2 Likes

Yes the California Raisins are clearly the better and less disturbing seasonal advertising mascot.

1 Like

23 Likes

Obnoxious, bossy busybodies are bad enough without also being “Satan is living in muh toaster!”-level religious lunatics.

1 Like

Its advertising all the way down… Rudolph was first created for the Montgomery Wards corporation:

One day we’ll all be putting dragons and california raisins on the front lawn.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s why the California Raisins are the better disturbing advertising mascots.

Difficult to be better than Rudolf at something he just isn’t.

Now how about another:

3 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes