Woman very upset about Easter Bunny in church parking lot

[Read the post]

3 Likes

Sigh. 2000+ years and hundreds if not thousands of different cultures and you are bound to pick up some traditions from those cultures.

7 Likes

What could bring her and Westboro Baptist together?

11 Likes

ā€œHippitus Hoppitus Deus Domineā€

20 Likes

Hm, what shall I protest today? A pagan symbol of spring and the renewal of life for the entertainment of children, or the gruesome image of a man horribly tortured to death?

31 Likes

Meshuggenah.

5 Likes

Well she does have a point, as commonly celebrated, Easter (Christmas too) is loaded to the gunwales with pagan symbols. But she seems to think thatā€™s a bad thing.

5 Likes

The bunny is not biblical.

Thatā€™s why itā€™s obviously the work of Satan!

1 Like

She said Jesus was crucified for speaking his mind. Maybe he was crucified for screaming his mind and thatā€™s what got him in trouble because I really wanted to crucify her after watching both of those videos. :innocent:

17 Likes

Weirdly, I respect this. I think itā€™s bonkers, but itā€™s consistent with the faith and it wonā€™t hurt anyone to do away with Easter Bunnies.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still trying to work up the courage to sing ā€œSanta Claus is Coming to Townā€ when angry preachers are shouting in my ear at 7am on the subway. Although I did start quietly laughing to myself when the lady who was most recently doing so got to the dregs of her ā€œsinā€ list and started talking about the sin of weaves and fake eyelashes.

11 Likes

41 Likes

ā€œBut thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.ā€
Matthew 6:6

I think today Jesus would add, ā€œā€¦and turn off the GoProā€.

I wanted to put her in a huge wicker effigy and set it on fire, but then I realized that was unkind of me and I just thought about bunnies for a while.

14 Likes

Perhaps sheā€™s only recently seen the Eddie Izzard routine

Bunny rabbits are for shagging and the eggs are for fertility. itā€™s the spring festival!

11 Likes

Sheā€™s an evangelical. They prop the Bible up as some sacred holy writ from God that never changes and never has changed.

Anything that goes against that narrative destroys the entire notion you can steal a book from the Catholics and thus ā€˜freeā€™ Christianity from the Catholic Church.

Thus science, history, and Easter bunnies are equally heinous threatsā€¦ All things running counter to a mass delusion fundamental to their identities.

Anything threatening to that paper thin idea is obviously Satanā€™s influence on the world.

The only other explanation is the one that makes senseā€¦ And one where theyā€™d have to rethink everything if it were true. Admit the world is a scary placeā€¦ And itā€™s not all about how to die right after all.

You see an Easter Bunny. She sees Satan himself leading the flock astray.

10 Likes

Sheā€™s the Reason for the Season!

47 Likes

but in the past the Catholic church ruled that bunnies could be construed as ā€œfishā€ to get around not eating meat on fridays. (not for the lay folks though)

2 Likes

Beavers were also considered fish because they spent so much time in the water. Hence the ruling that it was okay to eat beaver during Lent, which must have caused some confusion.

29 Likes

You forgot the best partā€¦Easter is the day they celebrate that man becoming a zombie.

16 Likes

Poor lady. Thereā€™ll be no Lincoln Log in her sock drawer this year.

3 Likes