A woman's Christmas dragons on her lawn were called "demonic" by a neighbor, so she added more

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/19/a-womans-christmas-dragons-o.html

14 Likes

Good for her; small minded people who try to force their limited world view on others SUCK.

50 Likes

this makes me want to read one of her books and/or join her dragon cult

ETA: pretty sure this is the Diana Rowland the author

18 Likes

Needs some sort of crowdfunding, 'cos I would quite like to buy this lady a dragon. Or two.

:slight_smile:

17 Likes

tenor

19 Likes

Note to Xtianists and neighbourhood busybodies:

Do you want more dragons? Because this is how you get more dragons.

66 Likes

IIRC, other folks had the same idea, and she thanked them for the thought but asked them to kindly redirect their money to some selected charities (I can’t find the post where she put her suggestions)…

20 Likes

That makes her even more awesome, if that’s the case; the White Trash Zombie novels are great.

11 Likes

I haven’t read them yet, but now I will. I was just putting the link there because this kind of publicity should definitely come with a sales boost for her

4 Likes

Sheesh, everyone knows that Santa lives just a few miles outside of Bangkok.

21 Likes

I don’t think she did the right thing here.

I mean come on, add more dragons AND make it obviously a nativity scene. Poke the neighbor’s weak spots really, really hard.

36 Likes

Yup, that’s her. I rather enjoy her books, and one of her series, rather ironically, features demons (well, really just creatures from another realm that get called demons. No hell connection.)

She’s quite a fun author.

9 Likes

I’m picturing a whole nativity scene of dragons.

Imagine Mary and Joseph Dragon looking down lovingly at the Baby Dragon in the manger, dragonherds keeping watch over a flock of dragons, three wise dragons bringing gold, hashish, and myrrh, a haloed dragon breathing fire from on high, etc.

And Santa Dragon on the roof in a sleigh pulled by eight tiny dragons, just in case someone thought they were seriously religious.

26 Likes

gettyimages-1037830892-1024x1024

38 Likes

I think she’s grouped the dragons around an egg of some kind? It’s hard to tell in the photo, but that’s what it looks like to me. I wonder if the egg hatches on the 25th?

9 Likes

That would sure make me be good!

2 Likes

So Santa feeds the reindeer to the dragon, then the dragon flies him around to places…

Wow, that blew my mind.

9 Likes

Nice house, well-kept yard, cool dragons having a fun party. Sounds like a great neighbor to me!

In other news, my neighbors have a glowing purple light in one of their bedrooms and it is driving. me. crazy. Are they space aliens? Do they conduct mad-scientist experiments at night? Have they birthed the spawn of Ru Paul and satan? I need to know!

11 Likes

That purple glow is probably just a grow light. :thinking:

19 Likes

Wasn’t there a case not so long ago where someone with an, um, ostentatious lawn display claimed to be getting threats from neighbors, only for it to turn out that he faked the whole thing?

“Everyone has that story of the crazy neighbor or the pushy neighbor, the one who sends passive-aggressive notes about where you should put your garbage. And yes, now I have stood up to that person.”

While I agree that these dragons are festive and attractive, there are some people who really do have the wrong idea about where to put their garbage.