Academics rush to correct rapper Nicki Minaj's claims that a vaccine caused her "cousin's friend" to become impotent

Originally published at: Academics rush to correct rapper Nicki Minaj's claims that a vaccine caused her "cousin's friend" to become impotent | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Yeah well, I’ve never listened to any of Nicki Minaj’s music, and I never will because my sister’s friend’s uncle told me that it’s total crap.

41 Likes

Minaj’s cousin’s friend

Sure, that story may not be true, but have you heard what happened to her dad’s friend’s sister’s nephew’s teacher’s son’s girlfriend’s milkman’s barber?

28 Likes

I generally do not make medical decisions based on third party anecdotes from Harajuku Barbie.

8 Likes

18 Likes

Why does anyone make medical decisions based on rumors Nicki Minaj heard? FFS. I think she’s talented but no one should care what she thinks about COVID vaccines. Literally no one save for maybe her family members themselves.

24 Likes

Father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate

14 Likes

A celebrity with followers tweets some bullshit and that causes a chain-reaction of health professionals trying to undo the damage. Seems about right.

4 Likes

I fully expect some rappers in the news cycle to now suggest that men should get the vaccine, as it will increase ball size.
Rotum GIF

10 Likes

Minaj has a history of making bad decisions… she collaborated with Takeshi 69, who participated in the rape of a teen girl

27 Likes

She also married a sex offender.

I never dug her music because anything she’s ever done Lil Kim did better 20 years ago, but now she’s veered off into garbage human territory…

25 Likes

Even worse, both she and her sex offender husband caught a lawsuit for allegedly harassing and intimidating the victim (trigger warning: this is really fucked up) in some kind of stupid and sociopathic attempt to get her to recant years after mr. sex offender was convicted in a court of law back in the mid-90’s. Normally, I would say that 25 years is a long time and that convicts should be given every chance possible to rejoin society, but these assholes insist on repeatedly going after the victim and that is inexcusable.

27 Likes

Okay, so she’s already made the full transition to garbage excuse for a human being; duly noted.

15 Likes

Agreed. The real problem is her popularity, as measured by Twitter followers. Whatever she tweets is seen by millions of people. More details about this here:

16 Likes

I get all my medical advice from Snoop. /s

12 Likes

Wait, what? The friend called off the wedding because he’s impotent?

Throwin’ in the towel rather quickly aren’t we?

8 Likes

I think I have a pretty good idea of what he prescribes for any problem…

10 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous, Snoop can’t legally prescribe medication.

For that you’ll have to go to Dr. Dre.

23 Likes

My cousin’s brother told me that everyone who has ever breathed will die, so oxygen must be deadly. Don’t let the government mandate oxygen on you by surrounding America in it. I demand our schools be sealed into a complete vacuum.

10 Likes

10 Likes