Academics rush to correct rapper Nicki Minaj's claims that a vaccine caused her "cousin's friend" to become impotent

13 Likes

Then you already know that there is only 1 cure, and it works for everything.

snoop dr dre GIF

13 Likes

There’s a useful Tom Lehrer song for almost everything.

10 Likes

The best response to that tweet that I’ve seen was that the vaccine doesn’t cause the noted swelling, what the swelling likely is is a hydrocoele, which can be caused by STI’s like gonorrhea or chlamydia, so it’s likely that Mr. Impotent had a “last fling” prior to the wedding, and got a STI from it. (which also largely explains the canceled wedding…).

16 Likes

“… and not bullied” is a pretty deep tip of the cards, tho

1 Like

19 Likes

The ‘/s’ tag must be on the back of the sign, then.

2 Likes

Distraction?

16 Likes

I rather enjoyed Aaron’s take on this one (the thread is gold):

TechnicallyRon on Twitter: “My cousin won’t get the vaccine cuz his friend got it & went to work in antarctica and this dog showed up from a norweigan research base and then everyone started exploding.” / Twitter

6 Likes

Better than some of the reasons I’ve seen. At least that one features a dog.

1 Like

Nope. It came up with my children yesterday and it was an opportunity to discuss someone shielding an abuser and bully and harass. One of my daughters suggested the other better stop listening and I suggested no, just remember she’s an asshole.

I suspect she already thinks a lot less of her for taking medical advice from gossip and using her platform to amplify bullshit.

5 Likes

No, I’m saying that her making anti-vax comments was to distract from her husband’s legal troubles, and their harassment campaign against his victim.

6 Likes

Do you know you forgot an n?

There should be a corollary to the Streisand effect. Where by trying to deflect from something you draw attention to it. Because we should remember that she is accused of witness tampering in a new sexual assault case against her convicted sex offender partner.

3 Likes

Yeah I got that, it just didn’t work.

Not here anyway.

Don’t worry, it’s just the reincarnation of Socrates. They know that they know nothing, so they know one more thing than Scietists, whoever they are.

5 Likes

She’s getting desperate I guess. What a jerk. It’s sad she has used her fame and success this way.

3 Likes

But I think it’s likely the truth… especially since this happened…

She’s in legal trouble and her cultural relevance is waning, so she’s turning to these sorts of distractions to turn the tide… :woman_shrugging:

Seems like it.

6 Likes
5 Likes

I fully believe she’s doing all this foolishness to deflect attention away from their legal issues.

6 Likes