Accused pedophile Matt Gaetz no longer eligible to practice law in Florida

Originally published at: Accused pedophile Matt Gaetz no longer eligible to practice law in Florida | Boing Boing

19 Likes

It’s almost like he’s cut off his nose to spite his own face.

16 Likes

I can’t imagine anyone would want him as their lawyer, so maybe not idiotic?

3 Likes

Is this so that he can’t be disbarred following his statutory rape case? Leave now before they kick him out and claim its what he wanted all along

34 Likes

That’s one less lawyer that can have a fool for a client.

15 Likes

I wonder if the idea is if he “resigns” from the Bar, then he can’t be penalized or removed from it due to something he does. Less ammunition for his enemies.

11 Likes

I suppose he could still represent himself… which would be an absolutely amazing turn of events for the prosecution.

14 Likes

A hole deep enough does not exist for this filthy scumbag to reside in.

16 Likes

Look at all the idiots still getting clients (say, for example, Biss). There’s a lot of grift on the right for lawyers, and he’s opting out of that.

2 Likes

Total nonsense that this was intentional. Whenever you hear old facewall arguing in his official capacity he is constantly mentioning that he’s a lawyer. He would absolutely pay $265 to continue to be able to appeal to authority.

4 Likes

“He’s not a serious lawyer. He’s not a serious congressman. He’s not a serious person. This is one small but symbolic example of that.”

he IS a serious asshole though.

27 Likes

Prison lawyers don’t need a license.

10 Likes

Does this put a monkey wrench in his “testimony” (more like, “I came here for an argument”) in front of Jamie Raskin? Can you claim to be a lawyer if you’re no longer valid to practice?

8 Likes

My thought exactly. Preemptively removing himself from law to avoid the optics of getting removed.

4 Likes
10 Likes

Interesting - I’m not in law or anything so I don’t know how this works. Does this mean an inactive lawyer can’t be disbarred? Because it sounds like he theoretically could jump through hoops to renew if he wanted to.

2 Likes

And who could blame him. Shame he stopped with just the nose with the throat so close by.

7 Likes

Who is he, and what grade is his kid in?

6 Likes

What the hell is he talking about?

1 Like

Of course if I had a contract on someone’s life I’d let them know immediately. Wouldn’t anybody? :man_shrugging:

10 Likes