Matt Gaetz "to run for Florida governor"

Originally published at: Matt Gaetz "to run for Florida governor" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I’m guessing that his platform has a lot to say about age of consent laws.

22 Likes

He’ll get the Libertarian vote then. They like someone who practices what he preaches.

Also

:face_vomiting:

16 Likes

I’m honestly only about 50/50 on that.

If anything, Gaetz being all Kantian about his predilections and attempt universalizability seems a bit too internally consistent and (badly) principled for him vs. a more straightforward position that impunity is one of the prerogatives of Matt Gaetz; so the only general principle that can be derived from whatever he does is that he ought not to face consequences for it; but that he’s not necessarily interested in what happens to others who do similar things.

4 Likes

Oh shit, that opening paragraph is perfect.

6 Likes

he should probably resign from congress now to focus on that campaign. election day 2026 is right around the corner and he needs to get that support lined up. i have a few empty boxes if he needs them to help clean out his office in D.C.

8 Likes

Many thanks for that immaculate first paragraph.

spends next half-hour clearing up snorted beer off the keyboard

2 Likes

That magnificently off-putting first paragraph is angling for a Bulwer Lytton prize - congratulations!

1 Like

I wonder if he thinks the $26MM from Burmese Python and Lionfish interests are just the stackable start he needs?

I was hoping he would run from Florida governor.

Wait, that contorted caricature of a human being wasn’t created with Midjourney? Yikes!

3 Likes

Yeah, I genuinely paused as well, trying to figure out whether it was a photograph or a mean-spirited caricature

It would take exceptional artistic skills to make a caricature that would exaggerate this… gentleman’s mean-spiritedness.

2 Likes

Does anyone else see this as a gift to the Democratic nominee for governor? Or is Florida that far gone?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.