Matt Gaetz wants “to be the conservative AOC.” Take a look at him trying

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/11/matt-gaetz-wants-to-be-the.html

6 Likes

This guy is, IMO, a TRUE Floridah man.

Creepy lizard like desperate to make some sort of reputation for himself. But he has no cred.

22 Likes

I noticed conservatives are portraying it as “Matt Gaetz shreds convicted felon and CNN contributor John Dean.”

Uh huh, sure, you betcha.

25 Likes

Dude just eye-mouths himself, like he’s trying to put Rob out of a job. Not cool!

21 Likes

Matt Gaetz: Dunning-Kruger poster boy.

21 Likes

Trying to be the “conservative AOC” will end just as successfully as all those right-wingers’ attempts to be the “conservative Daily Show”.

31 Likes

He does a fantastic job of reminding me of people that I hate talking with. Like the only joke he’s in on is the one rattling around his head, but he’s so very pleased to be in on it and it shows.

21 Likes

Matt Gaetz looks like a horrible experiment to download the contents of The Federalist into a six foot tall thumb gained semi-sentience. And then beat up an assistant manager at JC Penny in 1993 to steal his clothes.

22 Likes

tumblr_nwh503MpBr1r1vfbso1_500

26 Likes

I’m sure these “zinger” questions played much better in the bathroom mirror.

28 Likes

This guy is a TRUE Floriduh man.

fixed that for you

7 Likes

“I doubt that.”

I was really wishing he’d follow up with: “I’m not sure Mr. Nixon had a soul that we could conjure here.”

18 Likes

Man… Dennis Miller, James Woods and Jon Voight worked all night on that routine and it bombed so hard even the thugs in his corner were laughing at him. Nyuk yuk, he’s got a point there on ya Matt.

7 Likes

dude clearly mainlined some Monster Energy drinks and yelled “OHHH YEAAAAA GONNA GET SOME” in his private office, before coming out and performing with the fiery presence of a limp dick falling on a formica countertop.

7 Likes

Coke dick is real. :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m a big AOC fan, but the truth is her technique is pretty simple. She’s just well prepared and following tried and true cross examination techniques. Nothing particularly exotic. Surely, it’s a template any lawyer worth their salt could replicate-

Touches earpiece

Oh dear.

17 Likes

Dunno why, but the formica reference made me laugh :stuck_out_tongue: may have to steal that line some time!

AOC gets a lot of credit just for being willing to ask the poignant questions and shame fellow congresspersons in public hearings. It’s unfortunate that this is such a novelty rather than an expectation.

21 Likes

Does anyone else notice that people with too-close-together-eyes tend to be dumb douchebags? Wondering if there is some sort of genetic correlation.

2 Likes

Their mistake, as always, is thinking that just because they haven’t got any principles, their opponents don’t, either. They can’t recognize a sincere desire to make other people’s lives better rather than showboating for the eventual lobbying gig.

17 Likes