Across the nation, Jewish community centers threatened

For sure. I live on the east side of prospect park with my Jewish wife who grew up in LES. Just trying to play on the the voice of the right-wingers who love to bash coastal elites by saying they’re not “real 'muricans” combined with their convoluted, anti-semitic support of Israel, with an nod toward their ignorance about Jewish people themselves with an ironic twist…

…3D chess isn’t my strong suit…

4 Likes

Pre-hipster Williamsburg here (SoCal now). Not many Orthodox out here (possibly under the radar). Enjoy the great pizza, fine Italian restaurants and genuine delis where you are. (None to really speak of in SoCal. Sigh.)

2 Likes

There’s a whole lot of native folks here who can tell you a bit of history on how well the govt. generally does in terms of living up to the terms of treaties…

4 Likes

I concede, you win the internet, you found out my evil ways, my campaign against a fellow jew.

Anyway you are the better man, get all the likes and have out-thunk me once again!

Dude. Way to be a shande fir de goyim. This kind of petulance is the sort of thing that gets used against us. Shame on you.

4 Likes

No matter how hard you insist on your having lost, I’m not going to treat conversation as a win-lose proposition.

I suspect most of the people ‘liked’ my comment because they recognized my word substitutions, and would like to see folks here be generally more respectful of others here. What I quoted from another work, and my word substitutions were “other” for the original ‘victim’, and “conversation” for the original ‘abusive’.

The original is here:

I hope you and your word choice joins me here sometime, when you’re ready. Please do click the link, it’s not even a rick-roll.

11 Likes

You were over-exaggerating the threat of islamist terorrism in the EU and I replied by over-exaggerating the same threat in the USA. If your point was hate crimes in the US perhaps you shouldn’t involve another topic with rhetorics similar to those used during Mr. Trumps election campaign.

Dude. Way to be a shande fir de goyim. This kind of petulance is the sort of thing that gets used against us. Shame on you.

Can’t I_B just be a run of the mill internet oaf?

2 Likes

That’s a status reserved for White Christian Men, as they have the privilege of being able to be judged on their singular actions in isolation, without those actions backlashing onto the rest of their group. Jews don’t have that privilege.

EDIT: Further thought on the above: When a group has a specific term for an individual’s act that will backlash negatively onto the rest of the group, that says something on how cognizant that group is on that lack of privilege.

26 Likes

I can accept that. It must be exhausting to live that way; I can only feel a pale copy of that anxiety as a side effect of empathy.

15 Likes

This is a great insight into what lack of privilege means to people who don’t experience it. As a person who is part of some invisible minorities, I’m very familiar with sitting on the sidelines and hearing people judge people like me as a group. But I don’t have to worry about my actions reflecting back on those people because people don’t know I’m one of them. Yuck.

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.