Across the nation, Jewish community centers threatened

Exactly.

4 Likes

To where? The EU has Marine le Pen and Alternative Fur Deutschland waiting in the wings. This Yid could get CZ residency, but Brno is crawling with fascists already. Stay and fight is safer. You’re in familiar turf.

1 Like

Living in Paris, I might be inclined to reply with the same sort of sarcasm if somebody told me how terrible it must be to “face the threat of ISIS”. I found out about the attacks on the news like everyone else and in all the time since, I’ve met just one person who knew anyone who was there. Paris is a big place.

But to come back to the topic at hand it’s probably a different experience for people who frequent Jewish community centers or synagogues, where you inform the authorities of any planned events and you teach your children not to arrive or leave until the armed guards have posted up and down the street outside.

Maybe we shouldn’t be too quick to make light of the situation. Maybe “it’s fine for me so everything’s fine” is kind of an insensitive attitude to take on certain subjects, you know?

11 Likes

So, seeking asylum status then?

2 Likes

Ooom-pah,
Loom-pah,
Oopity-ump.
I’ve got a steamy turdy for Trump.

4 Likes

That book’s a personal fave.

As I said: Extra gaslighty if you respond about your lack of time or the unworthiness of such a citation.

5 Likes

West Bank Settlements aren’t simply building new towns for people of one ethnic group on empty desert land that doesn’t belong to anybody; they’re generally actively taking away land that actually belongs to individual people and “settling” on it, often protected by the apartheid wall that Trump admires so much which also takes away people’s land or keeps them from accessing land they own on the other side, which makes it “abandoned” and therefore ok to “settle”.

7 Likes

I didn’t know what you were on about but after looking it up I can’t understand (or really care) why you accuse me of this. Not only did it have nothing to do with you but it’s now a settled matter.

Bye.

I don’t get your point. Is it the number of victims? If that’s so I can get your reason for arbitrarily limiting the timeframe to 2015-2016. Bad faith eh?

Oh, don’t mind @FFabian. Everything he says on the BBS indicates he believes he’s simply just better than any american, in every way, and that america is simply shit.

At least that’s all I’ve ever gotten from his comments.

11 Likes

Anti-Americanism. It’s the acceptable face of bigotry, doncha know.

2 Likes

I’m not going to call @FFabian a bigot. But he doesn’t seem to actually care about any americans. Just about how he’s so much better than anyone else.

I suppose that should go into that games thread about what people have in common with tRump.

5 Likes

Well, I paid the same amount of tax last year as he did. :smiley:

4 Likes

And a long-standing outrage is, we can’t even know if that’s true, because that stupid fuckwad getting inaugurated in a few hours thinks he’s somehow better than all the presidents of the 20th and 21st century.

6 Likes

Oh, I recall him being dismissive of many other countries, although the US is probably his primary target.

4 Likes

To be fair, all countries are shit. Primarily because they are composed of people.

13 Likes

TRIFECTA  

don’t say nobody ever told ya

Withholding: the conversation partner pretends not to understand or refuses to listen. Ex. “I don’t want to hear this again,” or “You’re trying to confuse me.”

Countering: the conversation partner questions the other’s memory of events, even when the other remembers them accurately. Ex. “You’re wrong, you never remember things correctly.”

Blocking/Diverting: the conversation partner changes the subject and/or questions the other’s thoughts. Ex. “Is that another liberal idea you got from [friend/family member]?” or “You’re imagining things.”

Trivializing: the conversation partner makes the other’s needs or feelings seem unimportant. Ex. “You’re going to get angry over a little thing like that?” or “You’re too sensitive.”

Forgetting/Denial: the conversation partner pretends to have forgotten what actually occurred or denies things like promises made to the other. Ex. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” or “You’re just making stuff up.”

YMMV, just thought you’d appreciate the context in case you wanted to come across as more respectful of those you disagree with. Seem you’d like that from others, just a suggestion on how to achieve that by paying it forward. These are merely tools I see in your hands. I may be wrong, but I don’t think I am.

There are other tools. I hope you choose them.

14 Likes

Well, yeah, but those are just those coastal elite hipster Orthodox Jews…

1 Like

I’m sure you’re joking. I from there (Brooklyn), and the Hasidim there are QUITE orthodox.