'Acting' Navy Sec. Modly resigns after insulting ousted coronavirus ship commander Crozier as 'stupid'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/07/acting-navy-sec-thomas-mod.html

13 Likes

Maybe now he’ll have time for a long walk off a short pier…

27 Likes

Firing falls short of what he deserves. Don’t let the door hit you in the behind on your way out, dickhead.

31 Likes

28 Likes

See you down by the docks asshole.

18 Likes

clearly this guy did not get the playbook – after saying something career ending you are supposed to act like its normal, deny it was anything but perfect, and have the GOP defend you. He must have been a looser.

31 Likes

The @$$hole gave a non-pology for his insult to national hero Captain Crozier. Something to the effect of “Sorry my statements denigrating Captain Crozier were somehow misconstrued as statements denigrating Captain Crozier”

31 Likes

So basically, Moldy didn’t have a very long shelf life.

21 Likes

Clearly Modly was either too stupid or too naïve to be Navy Secretary, “acting” or otherwise.

25 Likes

The part I can’t get over: Modly flew 8000 miles, from D.C. to Guam, to give his fifteen-minute tirade over the ship’s public address system.

46 Likes

17 Likes

Just the kind of bullying, preening arsehole you’d expect to be one of Biff’s nominees. But he embarrassed his alpha bully, so he’s for the high jump.

32 Likes

This reminds me to ask what that shit weasel Stephen Miller is up to lately.

22 Likes

It’s rather ironic when the criticism against Crozier is that he acted unprofessionally, didn’t follow protocols, and used insecure channels - and then this guy acts unprofessional in manner that it too gets outs.

24 Likes

When a mass-murdering sociopath runs the government, honesty, loyalty, and competence all become crimes.

12 Likes

Loose lips sink ships. He had to go.
/s

10 Likes

14 Likes
11 Likes

I was going to say he pissed off every man and woman in uniform in this country, but really he pissed on them all. He’s not going to be the most popular person on any walk, on any pier, or anywhere. And I don’t think sailors will bother with social distancing to express their opinions.

11 Likes

To mild. I hear Otis Redding when you write that. That’s fucking romanticism, but I can’t help it, and it is to mild anyways.

Never see him or the likes of him again would be nice.
And I don’t mean that as a threat.

2 Likes