In Japan, Trump orders USS John McCain to cover its name and get out of sight

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/30/in-japan-trump-orders-uss-joh.html

8 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll probably say it again; what a fucking baby.

64 Likes

“Extremely stable genius” can’t handle seeing another man’s big boat.

38 Likes

Given the available info, it seems this is more a case of a flunky taking an action which they think will avoid triggering the anger of the king President.

Instead it seems to have put the king President in a bad light but hopefully the President will be magnanimous and allow to them to live, perhaps letting them off with a brief exile from court Washington until the affair is forgotten.

24 Likes

ah, fuck yes, progress! now in meat-world real-time:

16 Likes

What a petty, insecure little narcissist.

37 Likes

That the Navy would follow through with such an asinine and disrespectful request is very disturbing.

Apparently honor in the armed forces is gone.

22 Likes

For once, I disagree with you. If you have the military disobey orders of their commander–in-chief, there would have to be an important reason. Like violations big international law, e.g., but not some bullshit about boat names.

16 Likes

President Scumbag

3 Likes

I guess by never have been in the military and highly adverse to any form of blind order following my inclination would be to tell somebody who asked me to cover up a boat’s name just because of fee fees to Fuck the Hell Off!

But, I see your point.

17 Likes

“Boing Boing headline is wrong” is itself pretty much par for the course.

1 Like

Your tax dollars at work.

38531d109fc43623490556768a8873b48d5d3563_1_501x500

29 Likes

On plus side, his golf cart might be accidentally connected to the steam catapult. “Pull!”

15 Likes

It is however the sort of thing one might expect an officer to resign their commission over.

That may in fact have happened. Certainly someone seems to have kicked up a fuss because it appears the tarps were removed before Trump’s visit.

15 Likes

Even if that’s the case it certainly doesn’t speak well of the President if the people closest to him think that’s the kind of thing that would set him off.

30 Likes

“You don’t understand, it’s still my turn because I get to do my other second mulligan”

13 Likes

Donald Trump is making The Onion obsolete.

29 Likes

Tell me about it. I saw this one this morning and assumed it was The Onion before clicking through:

36 Likes

Wow. Just… wow.

Just when I think we reached the limit of crazy, he steps over the line. What a petty, childish, ridiculous thing.

I wonder if they had any “Make the Navy Great Again” morale patch wearing sailors? Probably not now. Or maybe so - nothing surprises me any more.

6 Likes

Disgraceful, disgusting, immature, and petty.

2 Likes