@actionabe and @othermichael: It's WAR!

Obligatory:

And there’s a hidden bonus: Tombstone brand pizzas use every part of the horse.

9 Likes

Are you talking about olive salad? And who do I have to murder to get a good muffuletta roll on the East Coast, outside of Louisiana, anyway?

8 Likes

McVitie’s!!! Didn’t know they also made Carr’s water biscuits.

Yes, I order digestives online for home delivery. Tea isn’t the same without them, no matter where in the world you are.

7 Likes

If only we could work out a BBS snack and booze exchange. We could keep a lot of people very happy.

9 Likes

QFT. An Iced VoVo or TimTam is great for a fling, but a McVitie’s Digestive completes tea.

7 Likes

something similar was tried but never got momentum

4 Likes

Says the guy who received the most recent exchange gift of all!!

7 Likes

: D

but still, outside of the original cabal no one picked up the idea

5 Likes

I applaud the idea wholeheartedly, but I don’t have anything particularly interesting to offer. Any L.A.-native foodstuffs unavailable elsewhere are guaranteed to not travel well (plus I have famously bad taste), and unless I built bespoke Little Free Libraries for people, I wouldn’t have much in the way of Personally Handcrafted to offer. (And I haven’t even had time to make a new one for my new house yet.)

8 Likes

Yep. I don’t make anything.

I’d be happy to receive, but have nothing to reciprocate with…

3 Likes

It’s a neat idea. Not sure I’d be happy with that much trust and shipping costs would make the whole thing a bit too much for me, but I like the idea.
Dead-tree-style postcards? Cheap and creative, (draw your own or find a weird or local one, doodles, quotes etc on the back), easy to ship, less chance of drama with local customs, import taxes etc.

2 Likes

shipping the cake ingredients from EU to US was more expensive than the content - but it was worth it, the images of the prepared cakes made me glee with joy

4 Likes

That was my problem too. Anything I make needs to be eaten within a day or two, or else refrigerated.

3 Likes

It’s usually the case.And shipping anything from Australia is stupidly expensive. Even interstate. :frowning2:

4 Likes

What’s @japhroaig’s ruling on pepitas?

(Note that the only correct ruling is that pepitas are delicious, and only a heretic or madman could suggest otherwise)

4 Likes

That’s like saying “but a hotdog is delicious!” to somebody who is encouraging the use of a King’s Hawaiian bun.

1 Like

I’m a little confused here. What is your position on the relative deliciousness of King’s Hawaiian rolls? How does this relate to pumpkin seeds in the shell vs shelled ones, again? Also, and most importantly, pepitas are a near perfect food.

3 Likes

Blech.

2 Likes

Why would one find the need to de-bun a hot-dog, or de-shell a pumpkin seed? Do you peel your apples and potatoes when you mash or sauce them?

IF SO NEVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN

5 Likes

I wouldn’t do it, but the robotic shell-o-trons at the pumpkin seed factory do my bidding, which results in perfect pepitas. We live in a glorious future of robotically shelled pumpkin seeds that our forebears could only have dreamt of. We should embrace it.

4 Likes