Activist tricked into 6-year relationship with undercover cop tells her story

Operational discipline is extremely difficult to keep up non-stop during a long con.

Likely, he turned it off for some reason and simply forgot to turn it back on.

I just had to add what a massive understatement that is - I can’t think of a sufficient description myself, so I’m not implying I could do any better, just that “terrible human being” doesn’t seem adequate. Faaaaar from it.

I could (kind of) understand this type of operation with a lethal terrorist group like IRA or ISIS. But against an environmental group?

It seems like they did this just because it was so easy to do. As when Hoover went after civil rights activists instead of the Mafia. Both situations resemble the joke about the guy who loses his keys in the dark, then runs over to a streetlamp to search, because the light is better there.

2 Likes

That’s another thing: Was this group even doing anything that couldn’t be found out by simply attending meetings? Were they up to some 12 Monkeys shit, or was it all just like planning their literature and merch booth for Glastonbury?

Bear in mind too that groups like this get infiltrated not just for intelligence-gathering purposes, but for provocation. Every activist has at least one story about some new guy who shows up and starts agitating for violence. They’re almost always cops. It’s much easier to solve a crime when you’re the one who planned it.

1 Like

Can we have a shared database for biometric data of such suspicious people?

ooh, unworthy…mean to all us ‘‘lazy eyes.’’

Unwise, I feel. GCHQ would only hack it for their own uses, making innocents look suspicious and moles look like… whatever moles are supposed to look like. Daisies?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.