Activists target Facebookers over "Gold Tier" sponsorship of Kavanaugh event

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/14/federalist-rape-culture.html

3 Likes

I’m not surprised FB supports Kavanaugh. Both Kav and Zuck think they shouldn’t be held accountable for things they did in Ivy League dorm rooms: Bret pushed his mono-optic monster into people’s faces, and Mark pushed people’s faces into his monopolistic monster.

8 Likes

Long after the motto was retired, a lot Google employees probably still come into the company with the ethos of “don’t be evil”, resulting in some effective employee activism. Facebook, in contrast, didn’t even pay lip service to that concept from its roots, so while I hope that this campaign has an effect I’m not counting on it.

The Federalist Society has been one of the most destructive forces unleashed on American civil society since its founding in 1982. Like Zuckerberg, their ideal is being part of a tiny elite that treats everyone else as dumb f*cks to be exploited.

8 Likes

That’s a good idea, and a reminder to

#DELETEFACEBOOK!

6 Likes

Kavanaugh is the principle speaker.

Never the right spelling, but in Kavanaugh’s case even less so.

4 Likes

Ugh, that is spectacular. Is it original to this comment? Bravo.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s original! Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.