Actor Danny Aiello has died at 86

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/13/actor-danny-aiello-has-died-at.html

11 Likes

Aww. 86 isn’t too shabby, though!

16 Likes

Don’t forget his turn as Tommy Five-Tune in the always underrated Hudson Hawk!

17 Likes

Beat me to it.

This is a film that my wife and I love.

8 Likes

One of my guilty pleasure movies, for that sequence, for the steampunk elements, for Sandra Bernhard and Richard E. Grant, and of course for Danny Aiello. He was one of the great character actors of the last 40 years.

16 Likes

I understand why it was a commercial disaster, but it’s so bloody quotable.

“If Da Vinci was alive today, he’d be eating microwave sushi, naked, in the back of a Cadillac with the both of us.”

“Happiness comes from the achieving of goals. It’s just that when you’ve made your first billion by the age of 19, it’s hard to keep coming up with new ones. But I’ve finally got myself a new… goal-- WORLD DOMINATION!!!

7 Likes

giphy (6)

13 Likes

do-the-right-thing-pizza

12 Likes

Did anyone else think this said Danny Devito at first glance? Nearly fell in the toilet.

2 Likes

He was so good in “Do the Right Thing,” but my favorite role of his was Louis, the chiropractor (and possible angel) in “Jacob’s Ladder.”

2 Likes

I coulda sworn he was older, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Does not compute

Rest in peace.

6 Likes

RIP…Once Around:

3 Likes

Damn. He had another movie in him.

I remember that being a good film (but it’s been so long, I need to rewatch).

1 Like

Aeillo and Dreyfuss really did a great job in their roles - they reminded me of two older cats thrown together. :smirk_cat:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.