Actor Matt Ford describes what it's like to have monkeypox

Originally published at: Actor Matt Ford describes what it's like to have monkeypox | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Currently in my largish Canadian city with an active outbreak, the criteria for being vaccinated is that you must meet all of the following criteria:

• be a man who has sex with men
  • have had sex with two anonymous partners in the last three weeks
  • has been treated for an STI in the last three months, and
  • be planning to have anonymous sex at least two more times in the next three weeks.

In the meantime, I know two local people now with it, and one more a city over, and NONE one of them meet all (or any more than one) of the criteria items. It’s fucking criminal.

Edit: I’ve just processed this a little bit more mentally, but in order to get vaccinated under this criteria, I have to promise to undertake further risky behaviour. Or lie. In order to obtain health care. Wild.

14 Likes

I’m staying away from everyone and don’t have skin to skin contact with anymore than one other person. So hopefully I won’t have to worry about it.

1 Like

Of course, when it’s apparent many folks don’t give a damn about infecting others with COVID, I predict the same for monkeypox. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Oh, so your area is treating it like AIDs back in the 80’s? how quaint. /sarcasm

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.