AI artist manifests monkeypox at Burning Man

Originally published at: AI artist manifests monkeypox at Burning Man | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Burningman is going to manifest COVID all over its attendees.

> Blockquote There will not be any health or COVID-19-related entry requirements for Black Rock City this year. This means that Burning Man will not require proof of vaccination or a negative test as a condition of entry. This decision was made after careful consideration and ongoing conversations over the last year, following the guidance of medical experts, and observing how other events and gatherings have operated safely.

5 Likes

Tempt fate contagion at your own peril…

5 Likes

Fuck around and find out!

1 Like

This looks better than BRC without monkey pox.

3 Likes

A pox on all your monkeys!

4 Likes

Looks more like “Orgypox Hits the Monkey Camps.”

7 Likes

Maybe that feeling google AI will take up performance art and send all expense paid trips to Burning man to those recently exposed to Monkey Pox.

in all seriousness, our camp is on high alert with both COVID and Monkeypox a real possibility on the playa this year. we are planning protocols for each, and every member is asked to test before leaving and to bring at least 2 tests with them.

3 Likes

Are we sure it’s not chimpanzee pox… Monkeys get to much overflow credit if you ask me.

1 Like

Make those images available as Bored Ape NFTs and they would be zeitgeist complete

4 Likes

Artist Jon Alloway imagines a monkeypox outbreak

does he? as I see it, he just fed an algorithm with a few suggestions. the “imagining”-part was done by the so-called “ai”, right?

glorious times…

2 Likes

Indeed, I know of several large camps, including my own, that have protocols in place to help mitigate the spread of Covid. Most of us are voluntarily vaccinated and those who aren’t have had it enough times to carry at least some immunity…
As for the pox, we are learning and discussing options. High risk fellows have vaccinated against and are respectful of those of us who aren’t.
We’re all doing our best with the information and circumstances at hand. We find the risks manageable, and the experiences of Burningman invaluable and awe inspiring.
In fact, just today I was wondering when the burner bashing would begin here on BB. And with the predictability of a beautiful, brilliant, mutant horde i was not disappoint. Bless your hearts.

2 Likes

Burning Man Missed Connections is some funny shit.

All you need is one very small camp that doesn’t.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.