Actual Lynching In 2017

You may have missed the money quote on this one. @SpunkyTWS pulled it from the article:

That’s considerably different than not releasing names. It’s minimizing the crime committed and infantilizing the perpetrators.

7 Likes

I see. There have been some comments on Twitter calling for the release of names and calling the police to tell them to release the names. I thought that was what you might be referring to. My apologies for assuming that.

It’s facile. And I don’t think the police chief, who should be focused on the investigation, should be taking a stance on trials and punishments; cops aren’t juries or judges. I do, however, believe that juvenile perpetrators should be tried as juveniles, and that their parents or guardians should also be held culpable for their crimes.

Beyond and separate from that, I hope that this town and America take a look at this crime and understand that the racist violence and hatred that’s been allowed to spread through this nation is spreading to its children.

10 Likes

Definitely NH does - but the authorities also seem to want to protect the real victims in this case. It’s a very… popular thing to do 'round those parts.

[cue banjo]

3 Likes

You know who else uses Twitter?

HITLER. Whoops, sorry.

I meant that other guy, the apoplectic one, with the funny orange hair and tiny hands.

and it’s a rounding ‘error’ only some are privileged to enjoy - one not at all based on age

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.