Ad for delicious organic dog meat turns out to have ulterior motive

dude, i am with you on every one of those but the goats. i grew up raising goats for milk (and to eat - the young bucks were castrated and raised for meat).
i loves me some cabrito and Jamaican curry goat, BUT… goats are not creepy at all and are very intelligent, affectionate animals and it was always very difficult to despatch one for the family’s dinner table.

totally agree on rabbits, though. we tried to raise them for a meat source, but the…
well, i still won’t eat rabbit.
“that’s all I have to say about that”

2 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

1 Like

You seem to think ‘totalitarian’ is a synonym for ‘consistent’? Like they don’t want to unnecessarily kill/harm animals and know that animals are killed/harmed in the production of eggs, etc. (male chicks that get chucked in the grinder don’t get to enjoy the cage free lifestyle, etc.), so they don’t eat those things. In what world is that ‘totalitarian’?

And even so, I’ve never met a vegan (outside of the cartoon imaginary of an evangelical omnivore) who wasn’t acutely aware that perfection was impossible and that no diet is cruelty free (since small animals are inevitably harmed in harvesting, and our food infrastructure is rife with worker abuse).

3 Likes

I have NO alliance with dogs. They’re the worst. I don’t eat or use animal products and advocate against cruelty, but I would Thanos-snap all those fuckers off the planet if I could :joy:.

Plus, they work for cops. Screw em. Cats for life - cats ain’t cops.

2 Likes

Granted, it’s slave labor. They don’t know they’re being hoodwinked. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

3 Likes

HITLER WAS MAYBE POSSIBLY VEGETARIAN AND LIKED DOGS, IT ALL CHECKS OUT 

3 Likes

2 Likes

Precursor to Sam Gross?

gross_s2

7 Likes

Apparently a 1930ies jab by The New Yorker at their colleagues over at TIME for doing a fair amount of “foreign reporting” from the comfort of their archives instead of sending actual correpondents.

5 Likes

Oh lovely, a thread for malcontents to express their disdain for animals that are lower on the food chain than humans and vegans at the same time…

6 Likes

Maybe this time people will play nice?

Not that I’m counting my organic, free-range, corn fed, double-yolk eggs before they hatch.

3 Likes

Don’t.
This is a friend of mine. My family and I were with her that day for the hike to Monte Siella, but we separated early (we had an appointment). We went through the same murder of cows (I know, but seems appropriate), we were lucky.
She was in the hospital for months, still carries the scars and some disability.

You know, the idea of deciding whether it’s ok to eat a species to revenge how things have gone with individuals is kind of concerning. There is no way y’all haven’t encountered cruel and aggressive Homo sapiens…many of whom are voracious feeders, prolific breeders, and can wreck ecosystems. :frowning:

5 Likes

They sound like cats, but less cute.

6 Likes

This is of course not OK. It was not a serious argument.
I thought the post I was answering to was tongue in cheek, so I was providing a reason to not exclude bovines from the long list.
My fault for not reading the room; BTW: the story is 100% true, be careful around cows.

Not a vegetarian myself, though I reduced meat intake by a lot in the last years.

and probably taste like chicken.

4 Likes

Mmmm, long pig.

2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

As Franz Fanon writes in `Black Skin White Masks,’ “Face to face with white men, the Negro has a past to legitimate, a vengeance to exact: face to face with the Negro, the contemporary white man feels the need to recall the times of cannibalism.”

1 Like